What vane for springy rest

Kentucky

WKR
On a bow cut well past center like and a springy rest you should be able to shoot any vane you want with a reasonable tune.

Tartan

WKR
I’m using aae max stealth off a springy as well

no issues on a wf21 with the center shot set dead center.

I’ve tried it on some other risers where I couldn’t get it centered and couldn’t get the clearance I needed with the stiffer vanes.

bobinmi

WKR
I’m using aae max stealth off a springy as well

no issues on a wf21 with the center shot set dead center.

I’ve tried it on some other risers where I couldn’t get it centered and couldn’t get the clearance I needed with the stiffer vanes.
I think you are making a good point. The stiffer vanes will work great with the springy if you are tuning a new set of arrows and can set the center shot first. I'm not at all sure that you'd have enough clearance if you are tuning by adjusting the rest in or out.

Tartan

WKR
What would be some less stiff options?
if you're not able to totally remove vane/fletching contact, AAE tradvanes are about the only solution out there that are soft enough. If you can find a tune without any contact, then about anything will work.

bobinmi

WKR
If you're getting a decent amount of contact with a springy just switch to feathers because the metal spring will tear up vanes real quick if your tune is off.

Kentucky

WKR
AAE Trad vanes you can shoot off anything including the shelf

This is my experience as well.. I have a recurve that is cut to center.. I shoot trad vanes from it with zero contact..

Turning a bow cut to center vs tuning a bow with a rest is a huge difference and require much diff energy arrow setups.. springy rest and a bow 3/8” past center is forgiving and relatively easy to tune vs a cut to center bow.

Either way after some 8 days in rain on a 12 day hunt... I’ll never use feather while trad vanes are an option..

Kentucky

WKR
This is my experience as well.. I have a recurve that is cut to center.. I shoot trad vanes from it with zero contact..

Turning a bow cut to center vs tuning a bow with a rest is a huge difference and require much diff energy arrow setups.. springy rest and a bow 3/8” past center is forgiving and relatively easy to tune vs a cut to center bow.

Either way after some 8 days in rain on a 12 day hunt... I’ll never use feather while trad vanes are an option..

Foot in mouth, fletched 8 arrows the other day for a longbow...so I’ll rephrase,, vanes on my metal ILF 3/8” past center, springy rest riser