What vanes do you all use?

Luked

WKR
Looking to get another Doz arrows to build up for September and WA curious what size and type of vanes do you all use? And also do you use a 3 fletch or 4 fletch and do you see a difference in the two?

I havw used AAE Plastifletch vanes for a while but they are the shorter 2.375"
Thinking of going to the 2.875" but unsure on 3 fletch or 4

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Easton Bully or Vanetec HD 3 fletch. 3 fletch helical Heat for long distance 3d shoots to get sight clearance. Ive tried a ton of vanes and configs, and always end up at the blazer shape - but the bully and vanetec hd are stiffer and quieter. They are both probably the same material and thickness.

Got a bunch of AAE Hybrid 23/26/pro max and q2i rapt-x If anyone is looking to swap to try something different.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Flex Fletch 360’s or silent knight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently switched to the bohning heat vanes from the Q2i Rapt-X. They fly just as good but are significantly quieter. Not to mention they’re pretty cheap and readily available. 4 fletch straight offset.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Q2i Fusion X-II, 4 fletch with right helical. Fantastic fixed head flight to 60, which is as far as I've shot them with a fixed head. No doubt they would be fine further out as well.

Bump79

WKR
Huge fan of the Easton Diamond 280. I tried many others but these adhere better, crazy durable, quietest I've found and fly great with fixed heads. Same profile as a AAE Max Stealth without the ribs and it's a really unique material.

Not a 4 fletch fan. I'd try the new DCA vanes because I like that guy and he seems to know he stuff.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
2" Quikspin Speed Hunters in a 3-fletch.......almost straight, and 2.1" Q2i Fusion X-ii's in a 4-fletch heavy right offset. Arrows of each will hit very close to each other out to 80 yards, but QS's still seem like tighter precision. That might just be because those are bright fluorescent yellow that show up on target in the sun very well, so my brain just sends subsequent arrows at the first one, and so on. The Q2i's are more of a cobalt blue which is harder to see. I prefer the blue color, but I love slapping arrows and fletching together at long range.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
My personal preference is like 5Miles the NAP Quik Spin 2" Speed Hunters. I had given up on them due to having 300 yellow and 300 orange that just crumbled into nothing. I had not been able to fletch any arrows with these two colors (colors I primarily use) for a couple years due to these vanes being crap. I contact NAP yesterday and they are going to warranty most of them which is great. I have had the best performance out of the 2" Speed Hunters. Just a great vane, slight offset works wonderful. Since I hadn't been able to use the Quik Spins the last few years, I opted for several Q2i vanes and they do very well as well, but not quite as good as the NAP vanes. Not sure what happened with the vanes that fell apart on me as they were stored in plastic containers in a dark cabinet in a climate controlled basement shop, but they just fell apart. A2E19E6C-4893-4646-9B38-2A45C7B3F054_1_105_c.jpeg

My personal preference is like 5Miles the NAP Quik Spin 2" Speed Hunters. I had given up on them due to having 300 yellow and 300 orange that just crumbled into nothing. I had not been able to fletch any arrows with these two colors (colors I primarily use) for a couple years due to these vanes being crap. I contact NAP yesterday and they are going to warranty most of them which is great. I have had the best performance out of the 2" Speed Hunters. Just a great vane, slight offset works wonderful. Since I hadn't been able to use the Quik Spins the last few years, I opted for several Q2i vanes and they do very well as well, but not quite as good as the NAP vanes. Not sure what happened with the vanes that fell apart on me as they were stored in plastic containers in a dark cabinet in a climate controlled basement shop, but they just fell apart. View attachment 416431

I have seen a fair amount of that. Seems the material aged, independent of the usual contributing factors.

I have a buddy that fletched 6 arrows for indoor, following day he pulled the arrows out of the case and half the QS's had busted off.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Max Stealth 3 fletch right offset. Simply flies good out to 60 with any head I put on.

Sled

WKR
I've used several but always end up going back to the 2" blazer with right helical or offset. You only need 3 and they are the perfect amount of steering for when your form or tune aren't perfect.

I use the Bohning Heat in a 4 fletch. They are 2.5" long and 0.4" in height, so longer low profile. I like these because 1) lower chance of hitting my rest, and 2) with 4 fletch I have one more option for nock tuning. Just feel like it gives me a more accurate and deadly arrow.

KBC

WKR
4 fletch heat vanes. They are so durable I haven’t messed up a vane in the last 2 years. Even if I blow through a target or bury them and pull them through a target, they are like new