What was the best thing you ate in Elk Camp this year?

Tough decision. (LOL) I ate the exact same thing every single day for 19 straight days.
Hmm, let's see, was it the:
  • Instant oatmeal - with cold water.
  • Instant mash potatoes - with cold water.
  • Trail mix.
  • Protein powder.
  • Two balance bars.
  • Peanuts. Cashews.

I'd say it has to be the balance bars.

The only thing harder than this fella would be the turds I’d make from this menu. Bravo.

[

Marble

WKR
Lamb burger and Chops from lambs we butchered this year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
Two weeks of oatmeal, instant mashed potatoes, rice and peanut butter. I guess I looked forward to my instant coffee in the morning the most. We did shoot one grouse and cooked it in peanut butter.

Clarktar

WKR
Elk Backstrap, mashers, chanterelle hedge hog mushroom gravy, four fingers of gentleman jack

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Elk tenderloin soaked in butter on the cast iron with tatters and onions on the side.

Attachments

• EBF7690E-A2BC-4397-AA22-CB1493BA5946.jpeg
    EBF7690E-A2BC-4397-AA22-CB1493BA5946.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 53

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
In 2018 we got an elk down right at dark and after locating it and butchering it we didn’t get back to camp til around 10pm at which time we made the just add water pancake mix, which was amazing!! To this day when we get an elk down it’s pancakes for dinner, new guys in camp are sometimes pissed we’re not eating the tenderloins that night but we just laugh and tell them it’s tradition…

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
A nice prime ribeye on an unsuccessful solo hunt. Saved it for the last night in Colorado. Amazed at how little you eat when you are exhausted every night. D430C015-D65B-4502-BA3B-373A69206EC1.jpeg

Never got to hunt Elk its on the bucket list one day hopefully, with that being said if I were to go and shoot a big bull, I would eat the ass hole out of a skunk no salt or pepper due to the happiness of the hunt. Go get em fellas I am there in spirit. And look out for a nice skunk.🤣

Elk heart chili, first year truck camping in a long time but we have an old traditions of making heart chilli any time we can the night we kill something. Along with some celebratory beverages of course!

Second best is a family hunting camp staple we call Goop. Brown hamburger with some onion mixed in, add two cans pork n beans, bbq sauce and let simmer. Serve over the top of hash browns with cheese. My wife says it sounds horrible just explaining it but it's always a camp favorite and you sleep well after eating it!

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
A coors lite at 11pm after getting this guy off the mountain and back to camp
a4d99eefb20aa38d0f540ad788601ae5.jpg

Best tasting beer I think I’ve ever had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
Pick some elderberries and boil them down. Add a piece of jalapeño and sugar....and some starch to thicken. You'll want it on everything. Pancakes, toast, steaks, biscuits...spoons.