What was your CO Elk Draw Result?

Did you win your CO 1st choice tag?

• Wouldn't you know, I drew my third choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd time is not a charm. 4th choice draws do exist!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My results were more points, but am happy to get an OTC bull tag and a bear tag when available. However, my brothers and a family friend all drew mule deer buck tags and two cow elk tags. Our annual 2nd rifle CO hunt should be interesting with 3 buck tags, 2 cow tags, 2 bull tags and hopefully 4 bear tags.

marktole

WKR
Put in for unit 49 archery elk with 5 points. Did not draw.

Gohunt has odds on that at 62% last year with 5 points, 100% at 6. Curious to see draw statistics to see how much it crept this year and if tag allotment changed. Had been creeping ~40% in past years if I remember right.

11boo

WKR
I have a meat hunt coming in my area. Late season cow, 12/15-01/15, public land. I could hunt from the house, but I’ll set up camp.

Harveli

FNG
Tried a unit needing 1-2 points for archery but indeed up with a point and a drawn tag for 1st rifle

Always have hunted Archery OTC. With the changes in SW Colorado GMU’s going to draw I put in for the unit I generally hunt and was fortunate to get it. Interesting to see if the draw decreased the number of Bowhunters in the unit this year.

MO-ELK

FNG
Im still in shock based on gohunt odds but unit 5011st rifle for me! Unfortunately I didnt think I'd draw & burned 5 wyoming mule deer & 1 antelope pts(damn draw deadlines)for a rifle combo hunt in southern wy I should draw. If I can swing it with wife should be able to head out sat oct 3rd from MO for 4-5 days to try & knock dwn a lope & deer then drop dwn to co to really fill the freezer on an elk. Going to try & pick up a used deep freezer & use my generator to freeze the meat in between hunts. Probably end up eating wy tags but fun dreaming about pulling all 3 off in 14 days! For most part planning solo but a buddy may join me for the elk portion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
My daughter got her cow tag and I got my bull tag for first rifle. She will also pick up a bull tag in the secondary draw. For archery elk I am doing OTC. Can’t wait to get back to Colorado.