what water filter are you packing these days?

Wondering if you would mind sharing the pros and cons of what you are using today. Thanks!

digger

Lil-Rokslider
Im using a Katydyn Vario_Only because I already had it from doing Scout outings with my sons patrol.I'm sure
there are new alternatives now.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I have an MSR Mini Works but, the one I use most now is my Sawyer Squeeze.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the MSR Mini works and the older PURE (Now Katadyn) I want a Sawyer though. Its on my list. Hard to beat 1 million Gallon Guarantee.

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
Wow the Sawyer looks cool. I'd never heard of it so I looked it up. The only potential disadvantage I could think of would be filling the bag in really shallow water. Where a pump filter could suck that shallow water up.

OP
darcytribe
Wow the Sawyer looks cool. I'd never heard of it so I looked it up. The only potential disadvantage I could think of would be filling the bag in really shallow water. Where a pump filter could suck that shallow water up.

I just did some quick research on the Sawyer too. Found this youtube review- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4rwhZQYSI
I think I'm sold on it, flexibility of use, ease of use, and last so long. The guy on the video also gave some cool and useful cheap accesorizing ideas to make it VERY flexible. great price too.

Wrongside

WKR
Sawyer Inline. One of my favourite, recentish little gadgets. The old MSR is in retirement indefinitely.

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
I just did some quick research on the Sawyer too. Found this youtube review- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4rwhZQYSI
I think I'm sold on it, flexibility of use, ease of use, and last so long. The guy on the video also gave some cool and useful cheap accesorizing ideas to make it VERY flexible. great price too.

Wow I watched that whole vid. Information overload. But it looks like a great piece of gear.

Hike&Hunt

FNG
I have been using the Sawyer complete two bag system for two years now. I'll never pump creek side again. In places where the water is shallow, I have just dug out the stream bed a bit, let it clear up then used my pan to dip water out into the bag. I rigged up a hose for a secondary dirty bag to hook a 10 L dromedary to the system. That way, we fill a few 10 L bags at base camp and don't have to mess with water for a two days. Simply go over to the clean bag and fill up.