What Week(s) to Hunt Elk This Year

TX_Diver

WKR
Drew the general tag in WY this year. Will probably be hunting solo for what'll be my 2nd real elk hunt (had a few cow tags in the past).

I already have a few ideas where I want to go and will continue to plan that over the next few weeks/months.

What I'm not sure on yet, but need to figure out pretty quick to coordinate at work, is what week(s) I want to go.

I don't think I can pull off 2 consecutive weeks otherwise it'd be an easy choice and I'd go 9/12 to 9/26.

From a work perspective it'd be good to go hunt for a week, come back to work for 2 weeks, then take another week to hunt. I might be able to pull off 1 week in between hunts but would prefer to be back 2 weeks.

Options would be 9/1 to 9/7 and 9/19 to 9/26
OR
9/5 to 9/12 and come back 9/25 to 10/3.

Other options obviously possible but those seem the most promising. With option 1, the first week is not great from a weather/heat perspective, but with option 2 the last week turns into the rifle season (Which I guess could be nice if I haven't tagged out as I'll have a good idea what's happening by then...?).

Open to peoples thoughts or suggestions. Does one of those seem more promising than the other? Should I be calling in some favors and trying to only be back at work for 1 week in order to hunt 9/12 to 9/19? Cheers

PCXssv3h.jpg