What went wrong? - Last years app

TomM

FNG
Me and a buddy did a party app for Wyoming last year. We each had zero points going in, so each did the buy a point option on our apps. So our average should have been one point. Looking at the 2018 draw odds, the percentage drawn for folks with one point in our 1st selection was 100%, but we didnt draw a tag? I am inclined to think I am missing something rather than the system missed us...please help me understand where we went wrong so I dont repeat this year. I re-watched the WY F&G video on the drawings and it did not clear anything up.

Thanks

bdan68

WKR
Yep, you'll have 1 point in this year's draw.

Exactly the reason you can't buy your point anymore at the same time you apply. Too many people were thinking they were paying for a point for the current year's drawing.

OP
T

TomM

FNG
I see now. That definitely helps, as I will be going into this year with one PP, not one PP with the option to add another at application time. I was thinking I could max at 2 this year. One is it.

Why did they even have the option to buy a point in the 2018 draw, if it wasnt going to be applied until 2019? I mean, if you were successful in the draw your points would be 0, if un-successful you got a point regardless if you selected the w/ Pref Point option?

Trial153

WKR
I see now. That definitely helps, as I will be going into this year with one PP, not one PP with the option to add another at application time. I was thinking I could max at 2 this year. One is it.

Why did they even have the option to buy a point in the 2018 draw, if it wasnt going to be applied until 2019? I mean, if you were successful in the draw your points would be 0, if un-successful you got a point regardless if you selected the w/ Pref Point option?
No, if you were unsuccessful you werent granted a point unless you preselected it and didnt receive a refund for the point. If you didnt do that you could go back later during the point only period and purchase the point then.
I could see how this was confusing. Hence the reason it's no longer an option.
Now you put in for the draw with the points you already have. If you dont draw you can then go purchase your preference point for the year. If you do draw I assume that they wouldnt let you add a point to the cart.

Yep, you'll have 1 point in this year's draw.

Exactly the reason you can't buy your point anymore at the same time you apply. Too many people were thinking they were paying for a point for the current year's drawing.

Or because reading comprehension alludes many these days