What will Meateater buy next??

Hit the nail on the head.

The podcast they just did on Lewis and Clark had shades of this old feeling.

There is a vast difference between shooting the shit about the same boring hunting stuff and digging into a topic.

That's definitely the niche that Clay's podcast Bear Grease fills. The series on Boone and the one on Warner Glenn have been a couple of my favorites.

I have a Vizsla pup sleeping on my lap and my GSP at my feet. I don't watch hunting or fishing shows anymore. I just go hunt and fish. Later, I'm going to walk my dogs a couple miles, come home and pull a cold beer out of my fridge and reflect on the fact that I could care less who buys what, who owns what, who shoots what or who supports whom. I got everything I need right here. No offense, but I spend more time researching dog food than thinking about Meateater or Randy Newberg.
Yet you felt the need to type out a full paragraph telling us how much you don't care....got it.

R_burg

WKR
I started with MeatEater at the beginning. 10+ years.
For me, they have a diluted feel and I lost interest in their content.
Feels too corporate for me.

I can still tolerate the MeatEater TV show but now he brings in celebrities which is less appealing for me. Not as interested in fishing content.

Other than that I can't criticize Steve. I like him too much just not necessarily his business/corporate pathway. When you start selling Whisky, charging crazing prices for rubs, I knew we were parting ways at least on this level.

He is the most interesting well spoken representative in the hunting realm that we have today. So, mad respect as well.

I would love to see Remi Warren or Ryan Callahan get their own show separate from ME. Keep it simple and focus on the DIY backcountry hunter. There is a definite niche there that appeals to a lot of people that hunt.
Very well said.

I still think Steve is great and love Meateater, especially from a nostalgic standpoint. I started listening to (and loving) his podcast approximately 15-20 shows in. I rarely listen anymore. They spend too much time talking to their crew and not enough interviewing experts in hunting, conservation, geology, etc. And because they do that thing with the show notes which I presume they think is "fun" (which admittedly they have always done), where they don't say what the show is about and rather mention all the weird topics brought up, I can never tell when a guest or topic is actually going to be interesting to me... and since I don't have 2 - 2.5 hrs to invest into listening to them BS and that's what happens far too often, I just don't really listen anymore.

I guess I only take the time to write this because I've actually been thinking about this lately as a peruse through my podcasts each week, and in a way it makes me sad. I absolutely love listening to Steve interact and interview people with high levels of knowledge in topics tangential to our hunting world, and I always looked forward to it. For my money there is nobody better on earth at it, and although I have to assume the changes have been better for him, his team, his brand, and therefore the lives of those that he employs - I wish there was more of the old Steve, sitting down interviewing Karl Malcom for 2+ hrs more often.

The trivia podcast is one of the best things they've put out in a while.

Spartan precision or SO are good guesses...
That's very interesting to me, because I can't stand it. I figured they must get good ratings or they would stop doing it... so your post is proof people are liking it, haha

I loved the old episodes. I don't listen anymore, maybe because there are other podcasts I listen to on my way to work. I loved the episode with Buck Bowden and I feel like once the corporate money took them over the whole dynamic of the show changed. They will probably buy a company that is diverse and woman owned and will slowly work their way into becoming a hiking company alongside their hunting show.

I like Steve and have liked him for a long time but he isn't always right. People on the show now refuse to challenge his opinion, it's just yes for sure.

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
From some chatter I’ve heard I’d bet possibly a freeze dried meal brand of some sort.

I wish anybody in a legal business the best of luck and good fortune. Especially in the sporting business.
Im 59 years old and never before have we had access and options to so many great quality products and information. I admit we are a bunch of suckers for new gizmos. But I think back when I got in this game and the junk equipment that was out there. Granted there was some good stuff but man what a bunch of crap I used to buy.