What will Meateater buy next??

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
This thread needs to be shut down. It's sole purpose seems to be for bashing on Meat eater.

Since I started it, the purpose was to stave off boredom. Just free expression of ideas, good or bad. I like knowing what other people think, one sword sharpens another - that whole thing.

sorry this world seems to be full of folks who just want homogeneity of thought..

Entrepreneurs just like Dudley. they will be the Jeff Bezos of the hunting industry. I don't know whether this is a good or a bad thing, but I can definitely see it going that direction.

Since I started it, the purpose was to stave off boredom. Just free expression of ideas, good or bad. I like knowing what other people think, one sword sharpens another - that whole thing.

sorry this world seems to be full of folks who just want homogeneity of thought..

I'm all for differing opinions, but I think there have been precedents set before on brand bashing threads.

I don't necessarily like all aspects of what the Meat eater company, does, but I do like them and the good they do.

I hate certain brands of hunting gear, but I won't make the same comments on them that a lot of people have made here.

That's all I'm trying to say

jlh42581

WKR
I dont care who what makes what. I have such a mixed bag of gear from FL, Kuiu, Kryptek, Kifaru... anything and everything.

I like Steve R also, and I like the show. Dont like corporate America involved. Ive lived that life to know how it goes.

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure why people don't like meat eater. I think it's probably the best hunting show on TV. Seems like once someone gets successful people hate on them for some reason. I think its just envy. That being said I am not too impressed with First Lite clothing. Their pants suck. They just don't hold up to my hunting. I like the wool hoodie though. I can wear the wool for a week straight hunting before it stinks. I'm switching to Kuiu. Seems like quality.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure why people don't like meat eater. I think it's probably the best hunting show on TV. Seems like once someone gets successful people hate on them for some reason. I think its just envy. That being said I am not too impressed with First Lite clothing. Their pants suck. They just don't hold up to my hunting. I like the wool hoodie though. I can wear the wool for a week straight hunting before it stinks. I'm switching to Kuiu. Seems like quality.
Agreed. I am happy if a friend gets a raise, hits the lottery, wins an award, shoots a monster bull elk. I am not that crab pulling another crab back into the bucket. Every hero we have is less of a hero if you dig deep enough. That is true of Fred Bear, Mother Teresa, John Wayne, FDR, JFK, MLK, Sinatra, etc. Hunting and conservation is better off for Rinella having decided to get involved and build a company than if he had decided to start a software company or build custom houses. He has drive and passion about life so I suspect he would have been successful in those industries as well. I have acquaintances that have that drive and passion and they rarely fail and certainly not twice in the same way. I prefer a bit more balance in my life at my age but am glad there are people out there like Rinella and Big Fin grinding to build the brand image of hunters. I get all the benefit. Wait, I guess I do have to watch other shows to learn how to hunt a corn flinger inside a fence while wearing my camo in chain link fence pattern.

Agreed. I am happy if a friend gets a raise, hits the lottery, wins an award, shoots a monster bull elk. I am not that crab pulling another crab back into the bucket. Every hero we have is less of a hero if you dig deep enough. That is true of Fred Bear, Mother Teresa, John Wayne, FDR, JFK, MLK, Sinatra, etc. Hunting and conservation is better off for Rinella having decided to get involved and build a company than if he had decided to start a software company or build custom houses. He has drive and passion about life so I suspect he would have been successful in those industries as well. I have acquaintances that have that drive and passion and they rarely fail and certainly not twice in the same way. I prefer a bit more balance in my life at my age but am glad there are people out there like Rinella and Big Fin grinding to build the brand image of hunters. I get all the benefit. Wait, I guess I do have to watch other shows to learn how to hunt a corn flinger inside a fence while wearing my camo in chain link fence pattern.

Dam. Well said.

Gobbler36

WKR
Criticism isn’t always jealousy.

for the record, when this “empire” was nascent, they contacted me personally and asked for submissions and ideas. Maybe some others here were also contacted.

they did not choose any of my stuff, and in the end, I’m glad. The direction they went was NOT the direction I thought they were going, nor wanted to go.

jealously? No. I jave just gotten weary of hunting becoming a “thing” and all the garbage that comes along with it.

I’ve never liked hunting in itself being a “business” thing. I do like hunting stories and especially good books. But not generating more hunters to sell them goods and being a “ fast-paced, high-output media operation and a thriving direct-to-consumer eCommerce business,” as they self-describe.

All the hype and whatnot...nah...
I’m with ya here