What will Meateater buy next??

Only cause Kurt won’t sell them SG and they’ll go to the 2nd best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egh, don’t really think there is a second best option. It’s absolutely splitting hairs these days between any of these brands really. Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu, Kifaru, EXO, SG, Pnuma,etc..

We really live in a time of the absolute best gear and gear companies. Fortunate to have this lengthy of a list to choose from. Never tried the SG stuff though, have heard great things though. I’ve been a Kifaru guy for the longest time, I practically live in their back yard so it’s been an easy choice to go pick up new stuff.

slick

WKR
Oh i know. I’m just poking fun.

Most of my buddies get stupid worked up over these petty arguments. We’re in total agreement though, I just couldn’t help myself.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Probably best professional archer of all time.

Maybe not everyone will agree with that, but definitely in unmarked 3D.
Unmarked, yes. Marked? Jesse Broadwater regularly schools him in known distance shoots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mtnboy

WKR
Not understanding all of the EXO guesses when they are affiliated with SG. Unless @slick is right about Kurt not sellin :D

Stone Glacier makes a full clothing line now, they already own First Lite, why would they want to acquire another clothing company?

I think Seek Outside would be a good fit too, they've already done some collaborations with First Lite.

whaack

WKR
Agreed. I am happy if a friend gets a raise, hits the lottery, wins an award, shoots a monster bull elk. I am not that crab pulling another crab back into the bucket. Every hero we have is less of a hero if you dig deep enough. That is true of Fred Bear, Mother Teresa, John Wayne, FDR, JFK, MLK, Sinatra, etc. Hunting and conservation is better off for Rinella having decided to get involved and build a company than if he had decided to start a software company or build custom houses. He has drive and passion about life so I suspect he would have been successful in those industries as well. I have acquaintances that have that drive and passion and they rarely fail and certainly not twice in the same way. I prefer a bit more balance in my life at my age but am glad there are people out there like Rinella and Big Fin grinding to build the brand image of hunters. I get all the benefit. Wait, I guess I do have to watch other shows to learn how to hunt a corn flinger inside a fence while wearing my camo in chain link fence pattern.

Damn well said.

There comes a point of market over saturation, and personally for me I’ve cashed out on the MeatEater branding. If people want to buy into it go ahead it’s your money, spend it how you like. Brand Identity/identifying is a tactic that all of these gear companies use, whether they are owned by MeatEater or not, but don’t kid yourself, they want you to identify yourself with their brands so that you become the brand. I’ve been guilty of getting lost in there myself, time to extract.

I think they will buy Duke Canon or another men’s facial hair grooming company. With Ole Cal and his mustache as a paid spokesman, it is a no brainer. That guy has the most powerful ‘stache in the hunting industry and he is a damn sexual 🦖🦖🦖

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
There comes a point of market over saturation, and personally for me I’ve cashed out on the MeatEater branding. If people want to buy into it go ahead it’s your money, spend it how you like. Brand Identity/identifying is a tactic that all of these gear companies use, whether they are owned by MeatEater or not, but don’t kid yourself, they want you to identify yourself with their brands so that you become the brand. I’ve been guilty of getting lost in there myself, time to extract.

a honest post here, folks. Well said.

grfox92

WKR
a honest post here, folks. Well said.
You are correct here. I am a huge MeatEater fan. Mainly the podcast, haven't seen all the episodes of the TV show.

I don't own a singe piece of MeatEater branded gear, and I likely never will. .

I don't identify with MeatEater as who I am. I just like the content.

Everytime I see someone wearing a Hush hat or shirt I cringe. Specifically because I think of Eric Chesser's rat tail, and ears tucked into his flat brim, and I flat out don't like the guy......I don't dislike Hush per se, but I don't want people pre judging me as an Eric Chesser fan because I'm wearing a Hush hat.

Same goes for MeatEater, I don't even dislike any of those guys but I don't want to personally identify with their brand. That's just not for me. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Lol. You guys are so silly. You cringe when someone wears a hunting brand.... lmao

What can someone wear to make you not cringe?

If I’m at a gathering with 100 people and someone has a Sitka, Kuiu, FL hat on I do the opposite of cringe. I figure now there’s a guy I should talk to. I don’t assume he acts just like Steve Rinella. Lol

Outdoorsmans sure are a fickle bunch.

I