What will Meateater buy next??

BDRam16

WKR
Not to derail this to bad, but THP has arguably the best production values of any YT show out there. Greg(as well as others) are skilled with the camera and in post.

I would agree that it would see to make sense to acquire HUSH or BRO first since they are already in the FL fam
I suppose I shouldn’t have said production quality. I just meant overall feel of the product. The BRO series seems much more MeatEater like, whereas THP is much more just some every day guys like us running and gunning through the woods.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I eat more fresh caught fish from the surf than venison lately.
Gonna fry up a mess of Whiting tomorrow.

Mosby

WKR
I have a Vizsla pup sleeping on my lap and my GSP at my feet. I don't watch hunting or fishing shows anymore. I just go hunt and fish. Later, I'm going to walk my dogs a couple miles, come home and pull a cold beer out of my fridge and reflect on the fact that I could care less who buys what, who owns what, who shoots what or who supports whom. I got everything I need right here. No offense, but I spend more time researching dog food than thinking about Meateater or Randy Newberg.

Meat eater is great, prove me wrong?

This thread is like comparing 6.5cm to every other cartridge out there. Haters for sure and meat eater and company along with every other platform out there spreading the word on conservation, the great outdoors , hunting and fishing should be supported by all.
I still enjoy some of MeatEater content. Some I can do without. The funniest thing to me is people chiming in on these kinds of threads with the “who is meatbeater?” “I don’t even think about these guys”, etc. ME obviously enjoys a small piece of real estate rent free in their noggins

I started with MeatEater at the beginning. 10+ years.
For me, they have a diluted feel and I lost interest in their content.
Feels too corporate for me.

I can still tolerate the MeatEater TV show but now he brings in celebrities which is less appealing for me. Not as interested in fishing content.

Other than that I can't criticize Steve. I like him too much just not necessarily his business/corporate pathway. When you start selling Whisky, charging crazing prices for rubs, I knew we were parting ways at least on this level.

He is the most interesting well spoken representative in the hunting realm that we have today. So, mad respect as well.

I would love to see Remi Warren or Ryan Callahan get their own show separate from ME. Keep it simple and focus on the DIY backcountry hunter. There is a definite niche there that appeals to a lot of people that hunt.

3forks

WKR
It‘s hard not to judge Steve’s current work by comparing it to his book, American Buffalo.

I’m pretty lukewarm on what Steve and Meateater are doing now, but I liked American Buffalo a lot.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
It‘s hard not to judge Steve’s current work by comparing it to his book, American Buffalo.

I’m pretty lukewarm on what Steve and Meateater are doing now, but I liked American Buffalo a lot.

Hit the nail on the head.

The podcast they just did on Lewis and Clark had shades of this old feeling.

There is a vast difference between shooting the shit about the same boring hunting stuff and digging into a topic.

Last edited: