What wood stove for Kodiak Canvas Cabin Lodge 12x12

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for recommendations on a wood stove for Kodiak Canvas Cabin Lodge 12x12

Nathan K

FNG
I just got back from a Wyoming elk hunt and we actually used a propane heater. It was much easier then having to feed wood all night. I’ve heard propane can make condensation but we had no issues. Just make sure to vent

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back from a Wyoming elk hunt and we actually used a propane heater. It was much easier then having to feed wood all night. I’ve heard propane can make condensation but we had no issues. Just make sure to vent
What heater did you use? I have the same tent.

Nathan K

FNG
What heater did you use? I have the same tent.

We had a buddy heater.

We had a hose converter from the one gallon tank to the 20lb tank. That way you don’t have to change it every day. We had the tank set outside and ran the hose through the door. If you are in super cold weather I think I’d almost recommend the double burner heater. We were in Wyoming last week if that helps you see what weather we used it in.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Already have that, might need to try it this winter. I have my 12x12 set up out back. Been up 70+ days this year.. still going good andwaterproof

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
My heater buddy rocks my Kodiak Canvas 10x14 with plenty of heat. Brought a battery powered carbon monoxide detector for a peace of mind. No issues and easy. Just get the hose to connect to the big tank.

Heating the 10X14 is easy...a NuWay 3500 propane stove or Mr. Buddy Heater will do. I would not put a wood burning stove in one though...the NuWay can run all night without you tending to it. I'd rather sleep.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
If you have your heart set on wood, 4 dogs for sure. Bomb proof. Heavy duty. Will last a lifetime. As Bruce mentioned, the Nuway's are a decent propane option. We have used Buddy heaters here and there but for more than a couple days camp, we like to use our Chinese diesel heater. Do a google search, there is a ton of info out there. I need to take some detailed pics the next time we deploy the setup and create a post to share the concept.

bhylton

WKR
I have had excellent luck with a kni-co stove in my 10x10. its overkill for my tent, but has performed awesome non the less. stacking 2x6 lumber cut-offs in there on top each other i have coals in the morning with it damped down all the way

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
If you have your heart set on wood, 4 dogs for sure. Bomb proof. Heavy duty. Will last a lifetime. As Bruce mentioned, the Nuway's are a decent propane option. We have used Buddy heaters here and there but for more than a couple days camp, we like to use our Chinese diesel heater. Do a google search, there is a ton of info out there. I need to take some detailed pics the next time we deploy the setup and create a post to share the concept.

Yes! I would love to know more about your “Chinese Diesel Heater”!

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 13x13 canvas wall tent. This stove is really great!
Good company too.
(spruce model)
www.coloradocylinderstoves.com

make sure to get the nested pipe, which then fits inside the stove for storage, along with everything else.
Very small for transport and packing and storing in the garage.

I don't know.. something really great about a wood stove in a wall tent. Just my thing....

MtnMike

FNG
I have had excellent luck with a kni-co stove in my 10x10. its overkill for my tent, but has performed awesome non the less. stacking 2x6 lumber cut-offs in there on top each other i have coals in the morning with it damped down all the way
I've got a 10x10 too and have been looking for an option to add a wood stove in it. Where did you place the stove jack? I've been searching up and down but cant seem to find anyone who has modified their 10x10.

I'd love to see some pics if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Gutshotem

WKR
I've got a 10x10 too and have been looking for an option to add a wood stove in it. Where did you place the stove jack? I've been searching up and down but cant seem to find anyone who has modified their 10x10.

I'd love to see some pics if you wouldn't mind sharing.
There's a bunch of videos on YouTube

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Gstove. Made in Norway and workmanship is incredible. You could stand on it (it is stainless do no rusting either) and it is nearly airtight. Lots and lots of useful accessories. Even the pipe is super rugged and the damper fits like a glove. Kind of like a mini-cylinder stove and really good bang for the buck!