What would you get

I have $2500+ in Cabelas points.

What would you get if you were me?

I have great binos, spotter, bow, pack, shelter, range finder.

I was kind of saving points for a rangefinder bino combo but nobody is making a good one for archery yet.

Thinking of maybe a new rifle and/or a pistol. I don't have a pistol at all. Leaning in that direction but open to any suggestions you guys might have.

Branden

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
DT, you might save them and see what Leica does with their Bino/Rangefinder.

i would give it to me ;)

down payment on a boat?

use it through their huntbooking and go to canada or something?

or buy a couple sweet pistols

OP
dirtytough
You can never have too many packs, bows or shelters.

A pistol will only take a small chunk out of that amount!

I honestly do. I have a couple tents and packs to sell right now and one bow.

OP
dirtytough
I am hoping Leica does come out with binos that will work for archery. But I figure I can always sell my swaro binoculars and that would almost fund some rangefinding binos.

I doubt there are many pistols in stock right now anyway.

littlebuf

Banned
well cabelas sells packs and bows you dont want so thats out. your going to get ripped off on a gun from them,. they sell at msrp and thats it, youll get a better price else where on pistols. and you already have all the optics you really need so that woudl just be spending money for the hell of it.honestly with the political climate right now. buy 223 ammo and then sell it in a year for tripple what you paid....

well cabelas sells packs and bows you dont want so thats out. your going to get ripped off on a gun from them,. they sell at msrp and thats it, youll get a better price else where on pistols. and you already have all the optics you really need so that woudl just be spending money for the hell of it.honestly with the political climate right now. buy 223 ammo and then sell it in a year for tripple what you paid....

hahaha, damn good investment portfolio opp here^!!!

Daniel_M

WKR
Not sure if it's possible to pass on points but you could always sell them for like 75% face value and spend the money elsewhere.

Whisky

WKR
This^^^^

Patience may pay off on this one. We will have to see though.

Yup.....Now would be the time they (Leica, Swaro or Zeiss) fix it.....Since I pre-ordered the new 1 mile Fusions!!

Cabela's will be carrying them when they become available, if they interest you at all dirtytough.

If I had $2500 to spend at Cabela's, it would be used on a top quality commercial grinder, stuffer, mixer, vac sealer, slicer, dehydrator, smoker and whatever else I can come up with. That'll eat up $2500 real quick. Cabela's meat processing stuff is good quality.

Last edited:
I like the meat processing equipment... that would be top of my list as it's hard for me to spend money on those kind of things when it could go towards ammo or actual hunting gear. Butchering can get old in a hurry and having quality equipment REALLY makes it a pleasure.

Mike

jmez

WKR
Not sure. I saw an add for Sworo ranging binos and had never seen one before. I skimmed the text and was made to sound as if this were a new product.

tstowater

WKR
A man after my own heart: too much stuff already and still wants more. If you haven't come up with an idea reading Rokslide, it probably isn't worth having. Personally, I would keep buying guns and ammo. I do that already, so why would I stop. Just running out of room to put the "stuff". I do like reloading equipment. Frankly, don't do very much shopping in Cabelas anymore as they don't have what I want.