What would you guys do: shoplifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werty

WKR
Not doing something takes a braver and stronger man. You’ll learn someday Rambo.
People not doing something is why this country is turning into what it is.
The irony, OP feels he should have done something, which is why they are asking for reassurance in there post.
Your name calling doesn't bother me, I stand by what I said.
Did I say OP should have confronted this person no, OP should have called the police and reported license number, regardless if the police won't do something.

*zap*

WKR
Do what? Detain the guy for cops that will do nothing to him......for store merch that the store does not care about.....for charges against him that the da will not file....the thief will not even be detained ....what are you going to do administer corporal punishment in the street?

Really, the thing to do is to move far away from anywhere this type of chit is allowed. I never seen it around here and I only seen one dude with the low rider pants in the last 20 years....MOVE now for the sake of your kids.

*zap*

WKR
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

We’ve created a society where good men are afraid to take action. That’s got to change in order for this nonsense to stop.
Fear and having the common sense to realize that doing anything in that situation other than a phone call and a few picture's is fruitless and stupid. Touch that thief and the law will roll you right up....while he walks and then sues you.

OP

3forks

WKR
People not doing something is why this country is turning into what it is.
The irony, OP feels he should have done something, which is why they are asking for reassurance in there post.
Your name calling doesn't bother me, I stand by what I said.
Did I say OP should have confronted this person no, OP should have called the police and reported license number, regardless if the police won't do something.
Do what? Detain the guy for cops that will do nothing to him......for store merch that the store does not care about.....for charges against him that the da will not file....the thief will not even be detained ....what are you going to do administer corporal punishment in the street?

Really, the thing to do is to move far away from anywhere this type of chit is allowed. I never seen it around here and I only seen one dude with the low rider pants in the last 20 years....MOVE now for the sake of your kids.
Agree about moving.

Originally from from a small town in Colorado, and lived in Montana for 20 years before work took us back to Colorado/Denver.

Exit plan in the works.

bdg848

WKR
1st, NEVER with your family around. These turds will not hesitate to pull a gun. 2nd....Rittenhouse number two...you want that to be you?

Broomd

WKR
Some pretty good insights shared on this thread. The thing I come away with is just how sad it is to see our country devolve to this level. No low-life thief is worth your life, nor harm to your family.

We can thank insects like George Soros for spending millions to put Marxist DA's in place in these cities. The Hungarian "Black Hand" isn't even welcome in his Native county, if he stepped foot there, he'd be tried for serious crimes.
These leftist attorneys refuse to prosecute anyone who isn't Conservative or patriotic. It is patriots now who face grave consequences in this country.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe you should’ve gone back in the store and loaded up your own cart load of free stuff…

Rob5589

WKR
California voters approved prop 47 which changed many lower level felonies to misdemeanors. It also changed the monetary threshold from 400 to 950. A DA can still charge and prosecute but it's not common. Now we are seeing the fallout.

As far as doing something; my #1 priority is to keep my family safe. Not intervene in a petty crime that one, police won't likely respond to and two, a DA won't charge. Sad times but, that's the way it is.

SWOHTR

WKR
Shoot ‘em and leave ‘em for dead in the parking lot, let the buzzards clean up the mess.

Just kidding of course. Put first things first and go about business that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.