Whatever it takes

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
He was 9 yrs old. I am pretty sure the other ram with him was 8. I aged them at 8 and 7 through the scope though.

Also, I am positive my ram is not the dark coated heavy horned ram I saw the day before the opener. I hope he made it through the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
For what it's worth...

I've packed two sheep out single handed, and been in that same spot. On the last one, I finally got moving so slow, it made sense to drop half the load and just ferry.

I worked out well, and in the future, I think I'll resort to ferrying loads much sooner, particularly if I have plenty of time left in the trip. Even if it's slightly more time consuming, it is so much easier on the body.

I just wanted it to be over, the thought of ferrying seemed worse. However once the weight was off I was good to go. So I could see how it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Thank you for sharing and taking us along. For those of us that will never get that opportunity, it's wonderful to join in through a wonderful story. Thanks again.

Congratulations! Excellent write up and ram! Every bit of meat is wonderful on them! My favorite!

That was a great story! Thanks for taking the time to write that up and post the photos. Hope you can get back in their again next season and find the big boy.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations. I enjoyed the whole tale and was on edge about the outcome till you pulled the trigger. Must feel amazing to make such bold moves chasing a dream than making it happen. Awesome

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great pictures, good job telling the story and nice work on the sheep, congrats!

jhm2023

WKR
Great story and way to capture it all. It had me hooked the entire time and even made my heart drop a little when you mentioned seeing the other hunters. I'm impatiently counting the days until I'm back in the mountains chasing sheep. Moving to BC has been a consideration for quite awhile so I too can try my hand at stones.

Rackstar

FNG
Congrats to you! And welcome to beautiful British Columbia. Good luck this season. I’m not going to lie this story makes me reconsider my caribou hunt with a sheep tag this year..... to sheep hunting with a sheep tag...

Good on you man!