What’s a good everyday shoe?

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider
Need something different. What’s a good everyday shoe that you can wear casually but can also wear shooting, casual hiking, fishing etc. Getting tired of wearing Nike running shoes everyday. Just aren’t cutting it anymore. What do you like to wear. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty much anything Twisted X. I’ve worn several of their moccasins, their hikers and several of their boots. All are super comfortable and pretty much all I wear for everyday work and around town when not wearing tennis shoes.

Last edited:

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
For me it's the Solomon Speedcross. I'm on my third pair and they've been nothing but great. Anything less casual than that for me, someone is either getting married or put in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
on my fifth pair of salomon trail running shoes with the speed laces and waterproof membrane. they'll last me between 1-2 years wearing them 8-10 months/year. waterproofing keeps the water out and keeps some heat in so i can get away with wearing them until the snow or cold gets serious.

Solomon are my lazy go to. But if I wanted a bit more fashion I've always had my eye on these:

In my experience Ecco makes amazing shoes that last me years of daily wear.

Oregonboy

WKR
Similar to a Nike running shoe, but IMO much better, more comfortable and more durable, I've been wearing Allbirds Wool runner. I've had mine for 6 months, done plenty of hikes and even lugged around a 30 lb pack with them for a day. I got a pair for my wife and she loves them as well.

Ryan47

FNG
I have been wearing the 511 Chuck Taylors....the "Norris". They are very comfortable and durable. I was a little surprised by how much I like them and thinking of getting a pair of low tops as well.

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn Salomon Speed Cross trail runners and love them. Latest pair of shoes are Hoka One One Speedgoat GTX, a bit spendy but no complaints so far.

BBob

WKR
Hoka One One Speedgoat GTX, a bit spendy but no complaints so far.
I've been wearing these for quite some time now but one place they didn't work well is in areas with lots of prickly pear. After the big early rains in AZ this year the weeds grew up over the pear and are hard to see walking in or out during the dark. Kick one with Speedgoats and its' gonna hurt. BTDT :LOL: