What’s a luxury item?

CO-AJ

WKR
Man, there are some great recommendations from everyone. My lux item is the helinox zero chair. Otherwise you could upgrade an older piece of gear you have, go from a sil or poly tent to a DCF to shave weight, upgrade to a higher R-Value pad, im an EXPED fan. My biggest recommendation is if you get a wife green light do not pass up the opportunity. They are few and far between.

Laramie

WKR
I want an Inreach as well. Save me a 30 minute drive to get to cell service once a week to check in.

I carry an Exped pad because it’s worth the weight penalty. Also a pillow that I like. Not just a pillow but one that is usable. However, a WM bag would make a nice gift.

Personally I wouldn't go with some that she can buy that's to easy.
What about a bunch of home made DIY dehydrated meals?
That way you can think of her every night of the trip while eating her home cooking 🥰🥰🥰

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Some ideas: Dehydrator, rangefinder, high end cooler, new boots, something for the truck like a winch, skid plate, chains, tow strap, or roof rack.

Mosby

WKR
I would get a tarp. Sheep tarp is a great luxury item to have in your pack to get out of the sun or rain.

mtnkid85

WKR
So, I got the wife a surprise for our 10th anniversary and she got me..... nothing! I finally won. Now she is insistent that I order something for my backcountry September elk hunt in Idaho that is a luxury and not a necessity.... if i don’t, she will just pick out something dumb she says....

What should I get?
A good pad is a necessity, not a luxury. If you don't have that get one but otherwise, my biggest luxuries are and crazy creek chair, more food (fresh fruit/veggies) or a book. There is almost nothing better on a backpack trip than a somewhat fresh avocado or a banana or orange.

406unltd

WKR
I only day hunt so I’d say it’s a cook stove for me in the late season. It’s nice to have sometimes

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Without knowing the budget I"ll keep my suggestions under $100. Things I once considered luxury items but now are necessities are something to keep me off the ground like the Helinox Ground Chair or REI camp stool along with a pair of crocs for camp shoes so I can slip off the hiking boots in the evenings.

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
You say luxury and I think.....what’s annoying to carry but a must have “personal” item. For me it is a pillow. A nice squishy pillow. All those camp pillows suck. My puffy wadded up sucks. Both of those combined....:SUCK! It weighs almost a pound but it’s LUXE!

I love my quilt too and I think a great pack is worth every $$ as well. I’ve tried kuiu, mystery ranch and exo. LOVE MY EXO. Mystery ranch was great and I would use it in a pinch. Couldn’t pay me to carry a kuiu bag (even if I do like their clothing line)! Badlands packs are just backpacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk