What's everybody's load opinions on 280 ai?

Darryle

WKR
I got lucky with the factory Nosler 140gr AccuBond in my APR Altitude 280 Ackley.

Cold bore was also on a clean barrel, luckily I have close to 300rds of that from the same lot.

I had began gathering components for my reload, 140gr VLD-H, FGM210M, N165 and Peterson brass, before the rifle was ever finished.

I discovered the factory Nosler ammo by sheer happenstance, bought 1 box on the way to the range, on the way home went back and bought the remaining in stock.

Attachments

• FC40C072-C308-4594-91B1-C02F861D0E03.jpeg
    FC40C072-C308-4594-91B1-C02F861D0E03.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 32

tak

WKR
I got lucky with the factory Nosler 140gr AccuBond in my APR Altitude 280 Ackley.

Cold bore was also on a clean barrel, luckily I have close to 300rds of that from the same lot.

I had began gathering components for my reload, 140gr VLD-H, FGM210M, N165 and Peterson brass, before the rifle was ever finished.

I discovered the factory Nosler ammo by sheer happenstance, bought 1 box on the way to the range, on the way home went back and bought the remaining in stock.

Nice!
Have you tried anything else in it?
I've got an APR altitude and it's put about 5 different factory loads into groups like that, just crazy accurate.

Darryle

WKR
Nice!
Have you tried anything else in it?
I've got an APR altitude and it's put about 5 different factory loads into groups like that, just crazy accurate.
These and the Nosler 140gr Ballistic Tip shoot the same POA/POI with the same results accuracy wise. I don't see the need to look further. I bought 300rds of the AccuBond and 100rds of the BT, I doubt I will shoot thru these anytime soon.

Cole97

FNG
I’m building a lightweight 280AI and eldx isn’t my preferred bullet right off but I wouldn’t be scared of it at all. I shoot the eldx out of my 300prc with outstanding results. I know that’s not a 280ai but the eldx bullets have performed as expected on elk, mulies, hogs, coyotes, n white tails. With all that said if reloading supplies and bullets were easier had I would play with other options also I think. Sounds like you have found a few options to me. At the end of the day dead is dead to me. Lots of guys seem to want a bullet that’s best at 100 or 500 or past 750 for best performance on animal killing. I want to be able to shoot way out there too but if the target animal is at 50 yards with less than optimal bullet for that distance I am still Guna shoot it EVERY TIME. Just my opinion.

Mosby

WKR
It shoots 160 Accubonds into 3/8", and that's just pretty good? You have much higher standards than I do! I'd roll with that and never look back, especially if you have it on hand.
My thoughts....exactly.

I have a 280AI being built at the moment and trying to gather up components as well. Anyone have a small batch of Petersen brass they are willing to part with? Not sure when Grafs will get a new supply.

I've shot a boat load of animals with 160 Accubonds in other various 7s and it might be one of the the best do-it-all bullets out there. Not perfect for any one application, but it sure does tick most of the boxes.