What’s everyone using for a pack/bag with this setup?

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
With the rut right around the corner here in west central IL I will doing some all day sits in the future and looking for a pack/bag something to carry my call, rattling antlers, coffee, food, etc. years past I’ve always used a backpack of some type heading to pre-hung sets or just carrying a climber in hand, but with the recent purchase of my XOP stand and sticks I plan to be a bit more mobile which means those stand and sticks will be on my back heading to and from the stand. Curious as to what others use to carry their necessities when running a stand and sticks on your back. Thought of the fanny pack/lumbar pad route so if anyone has any experience with some chime in.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
With the rut right around the corner here in west central IL I will doing some all day sits in the future and looking for a pack/bag something to carry my call, rattling antlers, coffee, food, etc. years past I’ve always used a backpack of some type heading to pre-hung sets or just carrying a climber in hand, but with the recent purchase of my XOP stand and sticks I plan to be a bit more mobile which means those stand and sticks will be on my back heading to and from the stand. Curious as to what others use to carry their necessities when running a stand and sticks on your back. Thought of the fanny pack/lumbar pad route so if anyone has any experience with some chime in.

Eastern Iowa guy here, right on the Mississippi, probably not far for you.

I bought a Kifaru Stryker earlier this year as I gear up for a hunt out West next year. I've hunted whitetails with it 3 times this year - twice on the ground and most recently in a ladder stand last weekend. Think this coming weekend I will likely use it to haul my Summit climber into some public ground.

The Stryker is great for hauling stuff, and last weekend I took it up that ladder stand then used one set of the extra straps to loop around the trunk of the tree. It's a certainly not a minimalist setup, but at the same time it wasn't as combersome you might think. For now I see no reason not to continue using it whether I'm on the ground or elevated.

That's my $0.02 - either way, good luck this season, OP. The rut is so close, next couple weeks are going to be great.

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
I use a fanny pack style belt with multiple pockets. I like that I can hang it over a limb in the tree easily. Stays nicely out of my way on the backside of the tree until I need something. Also can rotate it around your body (front or back) as you walk or move. I prefer it to a backpack when I'm stand hunting.

Loughgear

FNG
Ran a fanny pack last two years Tenzing 1250, it worked well for setting trail cameras and scouting in the hills on foot, but come up just short in the stand, to many straps makes it kinda cumbersome to get in and out of, no spot for water/coffee so I added a Kifaru bottle holder and large belt pouch which kinda worked. But also made it a bit awkward at the same time. I just ordered a eberlstock bandit to try, it won’t break the bank and looks like it has bit more organization, easy to access items and won’t be awkward hanging in a tree.

I put stand and sticks on my back with any bulky layers strapped to them. Carry a small 1000ci backpack with essentials worn on the front of my body while carrying the stand.

I currently run an EXO 3500 which is a great all around pack and can carry your stand, sticks, and everything else you need but I found it to not have the pockets to organize and access my gear in the whitetail stand as easily as I have wanted. Hoping to sell that pack and potentially go with a Kifaru 357mag. This will give me the pockets/organization I need, storage for extra clothes or camp for longer backpack hunts, and the ability to carry meat that I need.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
When I hunt with a stand I strap my sticks to the stand and if I carried extra clothes they would get rolled up and strapped about the seat.

I just got a saddle for this year and I’d like to do some filming so I’ll be running my SG Sky Archer.6B076CF9-5EB6-4FB2-9622-238B0CB5C38F.jpeg

Titan_Bow

WKR
I use an EXO 3500 and I love it. I have packed out elk, mule deer, whitetails, hauled two tree stands at once, hauled a double bull blind. It’s really a versatile pack and will do pretty much anything you would ever need a backpack to do. Sure, there are tailor made tree stand packs, but you aren’t going to be able to do all the other things you could do with something more versatile like the EXO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lkiek2020

FNG
Look into the horn hunter G3 with the full curl lite combo. I have been looking for something similar and am between that and the eberlestock x2.

fatlander

WKR
When I hunt with a stand I strap my sticks to the stand and if I carried extra clothes they would get rolled up and strapped about the seat.

I just got a saddle for this year and I’d like to do some filming so I’ll be running my SG Sky Archer.View attachment 228592

This is the right answer. I carry a small hydration style pack with my whitetail essentials that gets strapped to the stand with extra layers.

Rig that XOP up with MOLLE shoulder harness and kidney belt.

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
I too have been struggling to find the right combo for this style hunting. What I came up with this year is a little different from most suggestions above. I have a set of hip bags I've had for years, not sure what brand. They have their own belt and there is a removable bag on each side that hangs against your hip and has a leg strap. I use a rock climbing harness for stand hunting which has it's own belt. What I did was took one of my hip bags and attached it to the rock climbing belt via zip ties. The hip bag if large enough for my grunt call, release, PB bars, knife, lens pen, cell phone etc. I've even carried my Olympus E-M5II camera and lens in there. That is on my right hip. On my left hip I rigged up my Kifaru water bottle holder. Now my harness, water, and bag are all one unit and I can just put it on and go. It doesn't interfere with my stand and sticks on my back and I don't have to remove it in the tree.

I recently bought a Kifaru 26” tac frame and Ma Deuce bag.

GPool1842

WKR
I use my elk pack (kifaru hoodlum) to carry my gear and lone wolf setup. Easy, fast, and comfortable for my hikes into Oklahoma public.

I just have a small back pack with as few buckles as possible.

Typically I just throw my gloves, beanie, rattling antlers, grunt tube, puffy vest, phone charger, knife, tree saw and headlamp in my bag. Put a water in the side Pocket and I’m good to go.

I like to put my heavy layers between my bag and my stand. Strap it together and go.

I use a molle system or the xop version.

I don’t need a lot in my bag and organization isn’t too crucial.

TravisIN

WKR
Kuiu icon pro 1850, or look y hard at the venture series from kuiu. Awesome whitetail packs