Whats everyone using for glassing tripods?

BWise5707

FNG
Just curious what tripods people are running for lightweight glassing setups in their packs. Preparing for my first multi-day elk hunt and just trying to figure out my options.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I'd skip the tripod for an elk hunt personally. Binos off your trekking poles will be adequate for elk hunting.
Otherwise I use sirui with a va-5 head. If your set on getting a tripod for your elk hunt, give CamerlandNY a call, they'll get you squared away and are a sponsor on the forum.

Edited to add: use the search function too, you'll find endless threads about which tripods come recommend, could also browse the optics sub forum.

gearguywb

WKR
I use a tripod extensively, both for the spotting scope and to shoot off. I use a two-vets tripod with an ARCA clamp. Arca attachment on the spotter and a rail on my rifle.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
There is a ton of info here about just about every option available so great resource for specific searches.
What is your budget? (costs very WIDELY)
What optics? (binos vs heavy spotter?)
What height? (seated vs standing?)

Marble

WKR
Concerning not needing a tripod while Elk hunting. I do not agree with this. For archery, I never carry a tripod. For rifle, it's a small tricer carbon fiber model. It lets me scan all of the aspens and pick up animals moving through the trees.

So tricer makes a great small version for carrying around with you. If you are hunting heavy green/dark timber, maybe not as helpful.

From the truck, I use an outdoorsman. Pricey, but man, it works. No complaints at all. I can say I don't have the outdoorsman panhead. I have some offbrand model. It works, but it isn't great.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk