What’s everyone’s stalking pack and setup?

Good morning,

I was just curious what everyone’s setup is for stalking?

My setup: M.E.C. 3l hydro pack strapped to my L.L. Bean hunter’s carryall
- water
- extra clothes
- food
- ghillie poncho
- rubber gloves
- Becker BK4 with lansky blade medic/ sharpening stone and BK12 in the sheath

Maxpedition thermite (drop leg pouch)
- hunting license/tags
- compass
- small info cards with various knots
- lighter
- Becker dozier folding knife
- life straw
- SOL bivey sack
- ifak
- headlight extra batteries
- instant coffee
- bandana

I’ve practiced and can shoot with both packs on while standing and kneeling.

Thanks, W.M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends a lot on the season over here. I've only just bought it but I have a Kifaru Door Gunner. It'll get plenty of use over the next few months when our summer ramps up. I plan on only carrying water, first aid kit, camera, and knife. There might be a few other bits and pieces like a fox whistle or whatever, but for the most part, that's it. The vast majority of my summer hunting is culling pigs and goats while I scout for the deer rut in the following autumn season.

Besides that, I can't comment much on other packs as I've only recently started stalking with a traditional bow. I am very keen to buy a Kifaru or Exo of some sort that is small than my Exo 5500, as I want a smaller bag to have on my back when carrying out meat is a possibility. The 5500 cinches down nicely but I tend to carry lots of stuff in it like a stove and other gear, as I like to take my time and enjoy the bush as much as possible. Over the last season I've packed out a couple dozen deer (rifle hunting) and have done them all in one trip, so a day pack that is capable of hauling out a whole deer is something I'll be looking towards.

Beendare

WKR
When I'm in the Rocky mountains, I typically use a bigger pack...my McHale that's about 3,500cuin. I drop it on stalks as it can be noisy with the Dynema rubbing on stuff.

My favorite for day hunts is a fanny style day pack. I like that Badlands monster....and I do stalks on hogs, deer and Javi's with that on.

sneaky

"DADDY"
When I'm in the Rocky mountains, I typically use a bigger pack...my McHale that's about 3,500cuin. I drop it on stalks as it can be noisy with the Dynema rubbing on stuff.

My favorite for day hunts is a fanny style day pack. I like that Badlands monster....and I do stalks on hogs, deer and Javi's with that on.

You ever tried the Eberlestock Tailhook? It's along the lines of the Monster. Quiet material, well thought out. I've used one for years, especially whitetail hunting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk