Whats eveyones favorite bibs?

Looking to pick up a pair of bibs for whitetail this fall. I'm wondering if there are some other quality lesser known companies making some awesome bibs. So far the Stratus set is a front runner but it really doesn't have to be camo. I want something quiet that blocks the wind first and foremost.

Yooper

WKR
Hard pressed to beat the Stratus set if you're talking quiet and windblocker. Unless you need warmer in which case I'd look at the Fanatic bibs. They're expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Buy once, cry once.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Kryptek Aegis they are warm windproof and waterproof not as quiet as the Sitka but on my lower half in a stand they do fine. If you don't mind inferno orange color, you can get them for $100 right now which is crazy cheap.

OP
the_paddling_bowman
Hard pressed to beat the Stratus set if you're talking quiet and windblocker. Unless you need warmer in which case I'd look at the Fanatic bibs. They're expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Buy once, cry once.
Yeah that's definitely what it seems like, the cost is what it is unfortunately but it's worth it not to be freezing your ass off

OP
the_paddling_bowman
I really like my Kryptek Aegis they are warm windproof and waterproof not as quiet as the Sitka but on my lower half in a stand they do fine. If you don't mind inferno orange color, you can get them for $100 right now which is crazy cheap.
I'll check those out thanks!

The cabelas stand hunter bibs are quiet and seem solid. I have no personal experience with them in the field, but they seem pretty good in the store.

I personally use the stratus bibs for 50 and below. I simply layer under and have been comfortable down into the near single digits with them in a treestand in southern OK.

Stratus bibs hands down for whitetail and waterfowl. Light enough for mid fall and layer through the worst of
Do they pick up burs at all?
I am really interested in them but I'm nervous about the burs in some of the places au hunt. That's the only reason I can't run the fanatics. Buddy came with me one time and we spent hours back home pulling bits of bur out

*zap*

WKR
Fanatic, hands down #1 for cold.

Predator ambush for a bit warmer temps but I wish the leg zips were full length instead of to the knees....

Last edited:

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
Do they pick up burs at all?
I am really interested in them but I'm nervous about the burs in some of the places au hunt. That's the only reason I can't run the fanatics. Buddy came with me one time and we spent hours back home pulling bits of bur out
The fanatics definitely pick up burrs. But the burrs I come across are small and most of the time I just wash the suckers with them still on there. Pull off what’s left next time I’m bored in a tree.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I got the finatic bibs on eBay a few years ago. Picked up the jacket with a discount a season or 2 later. They have been great.
When I don’t need them, I have some predator fleece pants with suspenders. The only downside to them is no wind blocker. Have looked at upgrading to the stratus pants but I might just get some wind shorts to wear under them instead.

*zap*

WKR
Leave burs on for 24 hours and then take the backside of a straight knife blade and run it across the material.....the burrs will come right off. Burs are really no issue at all, just a minor inconvenience. Lots of times they will come off right after you get them if you use that method but waiting dries them out a bit and may make it easier.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I used the stratus bibs for the rut and when the temp drops I switch to the incinerator bibs. Stratus bibs have been great so far

Karlg

FNG
I have the Sitka Stratus and Fanatic bibs. I run the Stratus down to low 30's, and then the Fanatics for everything below that. Works for me at least