What’s he score?

OP
silasbowhunter
Horrible picture of a picture.. but the neighbor boys killed him! Any guesses on score now? 28.5” inside to help you guys
89492638ed41b7b10a0374cc88d05447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobbes

WKR
Horrible picture of a picture.. but the neighbor boys killed him! Any guesses on score now? 28.5” inside to help you guys
89492638ed41b7b10a0374cc88d05447.jpg

Heck of a buck. Congrats to the neighbor boy. 28.5" inside main beams?

I wouldn't have guessed him that wide, but still..... he's a stud. Low 190s gross? I could be full of crap but it's always fun to guess. I think my first score sheet is pretty close, but I was short on 3 and 4. curvature of the tines and main beam is always hard to judge. The main beams won't let him have full credit for 28.5 wide unless they are that long. Damn he's a stud.

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
Over 180 and top score will depend a lot on the mass he carries throughout. Not enough to tell .

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I'll stand by my original guess. He doesn't seem to have heavy mass (not that he's thin horned), but he's got length, width and decently deep forks.

Most of the bucks in that size range have 5"+ bases and carry it through out.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was a high 180.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
I think around 202 with the extras. Thanks for posting the kill pic. He’s really good everywhere.

OP
silasbowhunter
The rough numbers the taxidermist had given them was 207”. Not sure on the validity of course but the taxi has done hundreds of Iowa whitetails and comes to sandhills to get about another 50 muleys/whitetails to do.

I think the length is deceptive and has everyone screwed up haha

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
The rough numbers the taxidermist had given them was 207”. Not sure on the validity of course but the taxi does has done hundreds of IOWA whitetails and comes to sandhills to get about another 50 muleys/whitetails to do.

That's a Nebraska buck?

cgasner1

WKR
The rough numbers the taxidermist had given them was 207”. Not sure on the validity of course but the taxi does has done hundreds of IOWA whitetails and comes to sandhills to get about another 50 muleys/whitetails to do.

I should mail him my bull from this year and have him tape it for me

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
I have no problem believing he goes 207. I thought I was probably short changing him when I put numbers to him.