What's in your bino harness

Shraggs

WKR
Front pouch - range finder
Left pocket - inreach se
Right pocket - wind check, mark tape
Back pocket - first aid, gause tape, etc
Top - reed call that I’m using
Basement - extra batteries, emergency fire starters, insulin and testing supplies, emergency snickers

prm

WKR
I just recently have been trying bino harnesses. I settled on the Marsupial as it’s the least bulky of what I tried. All I want in the harness are things I need regularly while hunting: binos, rangefinder, call, wind checker, phone (pics and nav). The rest goes in the thousands of inches of unused space in my pack.

J Bar

FNG
I use a marsupial harness with pouches.
Carried in my harness is:
GPS, Rangefinder, 12x50 binos, spudz lens cloth, smoke in a bottle, diaphragm call, Petzl e lite, silva compass, gerber vital, lighter, one trioxane, space blanket, tag, cell phone. Pretty much the kitchen sink but the harness is always attached to me and can get through a lone night in the woods to get started on a kill with just the harness.

PlanoDano

FNG
In the Vortex Glaspack harness I carry my on-x loaded phone in the back pouch. Sometimes I carry a wind checker in one of the other pouches. I hunt archery season only so I usually carry 8X42 binos.

I have an AGC Cub, too.

I despise having a bunch of stuff hanging off my neck all day. The only two things worse are getting caught needing binoculars having left them in camp or having them along but banging on you all day because they are hanging from a strap. Thus, the Cub.

I don’t have anything to add re contents. I have given some thought to order of relative importance, since I really, really don’t want to overload this thing. I consider the critical stuff as follows:
One of those plastic, noisy whistles with a compass and magnifying glass
Licenses, etc.
Headlamp and spare batteries
Something to clean lenses
Spare ammunition
Zip ties (because zip ties and duct tape are not optional anywhere,anytime)

I carry a Havalon, spare blades, surgical gloves, a few wet wipes, lighter, film canister with cotton soaked in petroleum jelly and a few paper towels loaded in a gallon ziplock in one thigh pocket and a water bottle in the other, so this is basically a list of what’s on me if I ditch the daypack.

My two rather large issues relate to adjusting all this from eastern whitetail to elk in big bear country for a hunt this fall. My small Leupold rangefinder fits nicely in the Cub’s front pocket, but my much preferred Leica won’t fit. Then there’s the bear spray. Pouches for these just don’t play well with the skinny straps.

jake1455

FNG
Knife, sharpie, spare rounds if I’m rifle hunting, wind gauge, lens cloth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinger

WKR
i-hD6fggt-X2.jpg

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Agc kiss , and marsupial
standard tag/license, mini bic, trioxaine tab, marking tape in zip pocket,
Wind checker on one side and merino beanie on other

Rob5589

WKR
Just picked up a new harness from Alps Outdoorz. Simple as they come; hooked up a FHF rf pouch, small FHF wind checker bottle, and a lens cloth that comes attached to the harness. Nothing else, although a Razco holster is in the future.

FlyGuy

WKR
AGC

I don’t often drop my pack, but I want to have all the basic needs in my chest harness just in case I do drop it and either can’t find it or can’t get back to it before dark. Picked that up from Snyder on one of the early gritty podcasts. I also hate stopping to get something out of my pack. So I try to keep it in the harness(or belt pouches). It seems like it takes me 30 min to get going again every time I pull the pack off my back.

Binos, RF in marsupials case, inreach (tethered)

Left pocket - Izula knife and petzl elite back-up headlamp.

Right pocket - windchecker

Back mesh - ziplock with tags, DL, cash and credit cards. Small waterproof spiral notebook (for recording daily hunt details like temp and clothing, what worked & what stayed in pack, times, miles covered, encounters, etc)

Top elastic - compass

Basement - vortex lens cleaning tool/brush; water purification tablets; Maribou feather (for wind checking at a distance to watch it drift); small sharpie; contact rewetting drops; mini/travel size sunscreen stick; chapstick; mini BIC lighter; fire starter tablets; Truck key; small travel tube with various painkillers and wrapped in Leuko tape; bandaids; small tube of ointment for hot spots/chaffing

You can’t cheat the mountain

Badger 5

Lil-Rokslider
I have the AGC hybrid, and I love that thing. Comfortable, compact, rangefinder pouch and other small places to put lighters, license ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPATTI

WKR
Outdoor Vision - wind checker, lens cloth, knife and sometimes my release. Rangefinder and GPS in the separate pouches as needed. When not, I just unhook and leave those pouches off.