What's in your bino harness

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
other than the obvious, what do y'all keep in your bino harness/pack on a back country hunt? any fancy mods out there? additional pockets or pouches you like?

my AGC Cub carries...map, tags & license, range finder (case is rigged up to the side), 3-5 rounds for rifle, aquamira, bic, wind checker, headlamp, and possibly phone and compass depending on weather and clothing worn

Last edited:

TBHasler

WKR
Use a Vortex case - wind checker and calls in side pouches. License/tags and backup compass in zip pouch on back. That's it.
If carrying a side arm, it is run alongside bino case - I've rigged an AGC holster that attaches to side of my harness and harness straps.
Rangefinder is in belt pouch. All other gear/food is in pack. keep it simple so i dont have to fumble through lots of inventory riding on my chest.
Interested to hear what others run or don't in their set ups...

boom

WKR
I keep a squeeky toy bulb in the front pocket. It makes a quick effective varmint call.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex harness here.
Left mesh pocket: One ink pen, one permanent marker, and an Outdoor Edge Knife
Right Mesh: Wind puffer
Zipper in back: 1 replacement blade for knife, tags, lighter
Rangefinder tied to right shoulder strap

ColeyG

WKR
Sitka Bino Bivy. Lens cloth, calls, wind checker, spare range finder battery.

I'd like to come up with a convenient way of mounting a rangefinder pouch on the bino case. I thought I'd be able to ditch the rangefinder after going to range finding binos, but I still like to have it when bowhunting. I am leaning towards adding some velcro to the underside of the bino pouch as I don't like running the rangefinder case to the chest straps beside the bino case.

lmeyer

WKR
for those that run the vortex, is it the same as the AGC cub? from the pictures ive seen it looks almost exactly the same.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Agc cub: binos in main, ranger and lens cloth in front
sidepockets: chapstik, lighter, ranger batteries
back mesh: tyto, blades, tags
cell phone on top stretchy pocket

ChrisAU

WKR
AGC Cub MAX: Binos, rangefinder, tag, headlamp (primary and my backup), chapstick, ibuprofen, lighter, leatherman little squirt.

Sitka Bino Bivy
4-5 rounds for my rifle
Lens cloth
Chapstick
Pocket knife
Windchecker
Call/diaphragms

This year I’m going to add a compass to it

Napperm4

WKR
FHF fan checking in

Side pouches - diaphrams and wind checker
Front pouch - tall bino adapter, mini bic, tinder, whistle, lens pen, lens wipe, small flint and striker, small folding knife.
Back mesh - iPhone X, paper map and tag
Rangefinder pouch - rangefinder (go figure)

WJS23

WKR
ACG cub max,tags, zip ties,knife, headlamp, release/back up release or fingertab/back up fingertab or 3 rounds depending on what I’m hunting with, wind checker, lens pen, range finder, lighter, calls and last but not least a tin of Copenhagen.

boom

WKR
Just used it to eff with a passing coyote!

Fun.

It came with my AGC, but I carry it in anther brand now.

Attachments

• 4AFBC89D-00B0-4819-95CD-43093CDFCF60.jpeg
    4AFBC89D-00B0-4819-95CD-43093CDFCF60.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 226

Gumbo

WKR
FHF has basically everything I absolutely need to kill an animal:
-Rangefinder pouch
-Carabiner for attaching thumb release
-Tags/license
-Lens cloth
-Wind checker
-Sawed-off Tyto w/ about 10 blades wrapped in electrical tape (kept in a little pouch I sewed that attaches to the bottom of the harness)

I'd like a headlamp too, but there just isn't any extra room and I don't want a bigger harness. My goal is to keep the harness as compact as possible and have everything I need to tag and gut. I almost always wear my backpack which has everything else I need, but there are some instances in which I need to make a quick move or short hike and don't want/need the kitchen sink.