What's in your bino pack?

DIY HNTR

FNG
I purchased an AGC X50 bino pack with the Max pocket. It has a large front pocket, a bottom pocket, a side pocket on each side, a thin rear mesh pocket against your chest, and the main bino pocket. It also has 2 elastic pouches on the top lid. One on top of the other. I'm wondering what you all carry in your bino pack. I'm planning for a solo archery backpack hunt. I'll be using a Kifaru Reckoning as my main pack with a Longhunter 1000 lid. I'll probably carry my pack with my rain gear, kill kit, 1 days food, first aid, water purification kit, nalgene, 2L water storage, Vortex 20x56 Kaibabs and tripod, and a puffy jacket throughout the day.

I'll most likely use the front pocket for my range finder. I'm getting a Vortex Ranger 1500. I'll be using Vortex Razor 10x42 for my primary glass, so I'll probably have some extra room in the main pocket in the X50. I'm thinking about putting a Ziploc bag in the main pocket under my binos with some zip ties and my tag for tagging the elk. Just wanting to know what is a good idea to carry in my bino pouch in case I get separated from my pack. I'm thinking a small knife, lighter, compass, wind checker, extra contacts, headlamp and a small hard plastic mirror so far. The mirror and compass fit well in the elastic pouches on the top of the lid.

Last edited:
OP
DIY HNTR

DIY HNTR

FNG
Here's what I've come up with so far:

Main Pocket:
10×42 Binos, tag, zip ties, permanent marker pen

Right pocket:
Wind checker

Left pocket:
GPS (Garmin Oregon 700) - tethered

Front pocket:
Range finder - tethered

Basement pocket:
1 pair of spare contacts, lighter, zebralight headlamp, batteries, mini contact solution, couple water purifier tabs, ibuprofen, toilet paper

Flat Lid elastic pockets:
Compass, mirror

Rear flat mesh pocket:
Cell phone

Might add some blaze orange marking tape for blood trailing

Ruskin

WKR
My list:
Mesh pocket against my chest: 1 pair surgical gloves, tag/license

Basement: e-lite, havalon

Right pocket: wind checker

Left: elk calls or garmin (if I drop the pack

Top: iPhone and call i'm using

Front: vortex range finder

Main: binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I have the AGC cub so no basement pocket for me.

Main pocket-10x42 vipers

left pocket- wind checker

right pocket- glass cleaner

back mesh pocket- cell phone/tags/ID

top stretch- mouth reeds

Felix40

WKR
The less stuff i have on my chest the better. The more you put there the harder its going to be to see your feet which can be a serious problem in broken terrain. Scrambling over cliffs and boulders is tough when you cant tell where you are stepping. For that reason its binos and a lense wipe only for me. Maybe a snickers if i know ill need the calories soon.

wseidel

WKR
I love my AGC as well (CUB model) and appreciate the good suggestions so far. In two seasons, I've carried it along with my fanny pack (Badlands) so I don't have a lot of extras other than binos, elk calls, wind indicator bottle, and rangefinder...to keep them handy "front and center". Since we hunt elk in grizzly country (NW Wyoming), I've just purchased a new carry system for my S & W 44 magnum - a chest holster made by Gunfighter, Inc. This is a highly regarded holster that I position underneath and a bit below the AGC which allows quick access. It is a modular design so you can purchase additional holster shells that snap in to the harness system. Surprisingly, it is not cumbersome and I prefer it over the thigh rig I've used previously. Hope this helps and stay safe.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
Binos, paperwork/tags in back mesh pocket, inReach in front pocket, lighter/fire starter/knife in left pocket, wind checker in right pocket. Sometimes I shove calls, phone, and/or dope card in top pockets, but usually only for short periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
AGC Cub MAX here:

Main: 10x42 binos

Front: Garmin GPSmap 64s

Left: LMF scout firesteel+striker, 1L emergency water bag, a couple of aquatab purification tabs, and some emergency tinder

Right: Zebralight headlamp

Basement: Small AMK heatsheet and some paracord

Mesh back pocket: Ziploc with some wetwipes. Don't have to dig em out of my pack if I'm in a hurry, and will hopefully keep them from freezing during late season, though I only recently got the pack so can't confirm that.

Elastic top: lens cloth and windchecker

Extra: Sig rangefinder in the pouch it came with attached to the underarm strap on the right side.

Range bino's (main compartment)
GPS (basement)
ear plugs (side pocket)
tags, license, paper map in small zip lock baggie (back zipper pocket)
lens cloth (side pocket)
extra ammo (lid pouch)

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Binos, Leica rangefinder, havalon with two blades, gerber ranger, bic lighter, Sargent sniper rest in basement, license and tags.

Randy

Beendare

WKR
I used to carry a bunch of extra crap in my Bino case but it just started getting too bulky now I just carry my Bino's

. I have two accessory pouches on the belt of my pack in easy reach that is plenty of room for anything else

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
My bino pack is actually just a cover for my 10X50 Leupold's but it has a front zipper compartment were I carry my rangefinder.

Kuiu Large Bino Harness

10x42 ELs

Compass and lens cloth on one side

Windchecker and diaphragm calls on the other

Garmin 64st on a carabiner through the straps

tttoadman

WKR
Cub Max with Basement
Main Pocket:
10×42 Vipers

Right pocket:
Zipka headlamp, cowgirl call when not in the top strap.

Left pocket:
Meds and tripod adapter

Front pocket:
Range finder

Basement pocket:
In-Reach. you need to remove the clip on the back to get it in there.

Flat Lid elastic pockets:
cow call and my rifle sits on this 50% of the time.

Rear flat mesh pocket:
tag and license