What's in your hunt trip vehicle?

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't see much of a topic on this, at least not a dedicated thread. I like to research a lot, and I figure something like this might help people in the future. And there are a lot of people with a lot more experience than me.

Outside the obvious things (rifle/pack/cooler) what do bring in the hunt vehicle that you like to have for either the road-trip or at the vehicle for hunt related purposes?

I like to have a plastic folding table, cutting board (cheap ones I will throw away after the trip) and some plastic chairs. It seems silly, but I really dont like de-boning on the truck bed or ground. Some bleach spray to remove the scent of blood and clean up the table, I'm not a fan of bloody tables being left in my truck in bear territory. I've used the top of my cooler a few times, but it really just doesn't well work for me.

I pretty much always keep a glamping tent in my truck if I'm hunting out of state, 2 pillows, a towel and one of those emergency thermal blankets. This is habit I picked up after my grandpa would take me bird hunting, and the setters would run off for the night in up-state Michigan. I like a tent that I can set up with just the rain fly for shade, too.

How about you?

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Always have a handy-man jack (2-ton) and a 4-way, don't leave home without it.

I always take a nicer tent and leave in the truck

I typically put more tools than needed behind the seat. I’ve even taken my small floor jack that is in a case. It’s heavy but makes quick work on a flat for the truck or trailer

Also, I keep a full size pillow to take a nap on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
Come-along winch, tow strap, jumper cables, tools, TP/Wet Wipes, I always make sure to check air pressure in spare as well. One thing I need to pick up since I don't really need a chain saw is a large bow saw. It's a matter of time until I get back into an area and have a deadfall come across the road.

worx53

WKR
jump starter pack, tire plug kit and compressor (like stated above), basic tool kit, bottle jack, 30 foot pull rope or nylon tow strap, tire chains depending on where your going, trax mats (again where your going), wetterlings axe, small chainsaw, bow saw or something to cut trees out of the road. blanket, pillow, sleeping bag always in truck. gas can even if its just a 1 gal rotopax. if you run over oversize tires try to get really close to that height for your spare. I run 35's but can only get a 34" spare under it and cant sacrifice the room anywhere for a full 35x12.50, stock spare was barely 31 and that really wreaks havoc far from town when u need it.

Tire chains, winch, extra rope and cable, snatchblocks, spare tire, extra coolers, gas cans, emergency food packs and a blanket/pillow.

Big axe, small axe, shovel, chain saw, tow strap, heavy duty chain, truck tire chains, come along, heavy duty jack, 4 tow straps, and air compressor. I've used them all so far except the air compressor.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Another thing not mentioned that I always keep is JB Weld and duct tape in my toolbox. Several years ago I was going up a Jeep trail in my pickup, miles from anything. I got a little careless going over some rocks and busted the radiator. I was able to patch the radiator with jb weld. The next day, I filled up the radiator with creek water and was able to drive home.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
Hi lift jack, hand winch, metal tow chain, tow strap, shovel, hand sledge hammer, d shackles, racket straps, flashlight, leather gloves, tire chains (front and back), and battery pack. Been stuck for the last time....I hope.

I carry most everything previously mentioned. I am loaded for repairs like a Baja chase truck. Although I have never had truck problems. I did however get 2 flats in 2 days trying to push my truck through more than it was capable. Neither was repairable with plugs or slime. 1st tire I swapped to the spare. It cost me 1 entire day to make the trip to get the tire fixed. 2nd flat cost me the rest of the trip. Now I have 1 spare underneath and 1 in the bed.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
My hunting trip vehicle is my SUV. I travel for work throughout the Midwest and I often incorporate my hunts into work trips. Some of these items are redundant to what’s in my pack. I am always tweaking the setup, but here it goes:

Cooler and/or Rubbermaid locking tote containing:
Industrial strength garbage bags x3
Gallon of water
Spare hunting knife
Sleeping bag/pad/pillow
USB rechargeable fan
Baby wipes
Zip ties
Sharpie
Medical kit (IFAK)
Jumper cables
Tow strap
Phone charger
Multi-tool
Latex gloves (x5)
Spare Headlamp

Phaseolus

WKR
Yep, I just bought a small compressor, after discovering my ‘spare’ had not enough air. It was something I ‘should’ have checked but didn’t.

Mt Al

WKR
Lot's of good stuff above!

Only thing to add is cans of bug spray. I buy in bulk, spread among our family's vehicles. Keeps the ticks off, skeeters and horse flies at bay. I keep a smaller stick or spray bottle in my pack to reapply when it starts to wear off.

Cubby

WKR
What kind of compressors are you guys using? I've bought a few in the past for ATVing and have not been impressed with them, it would take more then 20 minutes to air up a atv tire to 7 psi. Truck tire would take at least a couple hours.

Gulfgoose

FNG
1. Extra jugs of water for radiator or survival situation
2. High lift (farm) jack
3. Tow straps
4. Compressor
5. Plugs
6. Extra engine belt (just save the old one after you replace)
7. Jumper cables (adding a jump box)
8. Come-a-long
9. shovel
10. boards
11. Medical kits with medication and extra contacts
12. Lighters
13. Extra flashlights
This stuff stays in my truck pretty much year round anyway. Plus a box full of tools, wire, zip ties, other vehicle fluids.