What's in your hunt trip vehicle?

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
Not to highjack the thread, but seems applicable to the discussion here. What jump box do people use? I haven't found one that lasts more than a couple of years.

What kind of compressors are you guys using? I've bought a few in the past for ATVing and have not been impressed with them, it would take more then 20 minutes to air up a atv tire to 7 psi. Truck tire would take at least a couple hours.

I have a Viair 88P. Small and compact, decent power, long cords, and about $70. Everything ive heard and read is dont get one that plugs into your cigarette lighter. A couple little things like a compressor and a tire plug kit will save a lot of time and headaches.

What kind of compressors are you guys using? I've bought a few in the past for ATVing and have not been impressed with them, it would take more then 20 minutes to air up a atv tire to 7 psi. Truck tire would take at least a couple hours.
Smithy built 5.65 CFM

Mutto

FNG
Gorilla tape, JB weld, radiator stop leak stuff, large width cold temp zip ties, compressor and plug kit, farm jack w/wheel hooks (truck has no sliders and plastic bumpers for now), traction boards, med kit, chain, snatch strap, pointed shovel, winter time some cat litter, Silky brand katanaboy 650 folding hand saw (650 cm long, japanese made pull saw, can cut large trees with easily), rain gear, emergency food, sawyer mini filter, come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come2elmo

WKR
Gorilla tape, JB weld, radiator stop leak stuff, large width cold temp zip ties, compressor and plug kit, farm jack w/wheel hooks (truck has no sliders and plastic bumpers for now), traction boards, med kit, chain, snatch strap, pointed shovel, winter time some cat litter, Silky brand katanaboy 650 folding hand saw (650 cm long, japanese made pull saw, can cut large trees with easily), rain gear, emergency food, sawyer mini filter, come along.

We have about 45 mins of winter in south Texas. What is the cat litter for?

sizzle403

FNG
A little different than the others listed but I always keep an extra bow release and gloves in the truck all season. Sometimes its the little things that can get overlooked.

Jimss

WKR
Top on my list is duct tape and tp!

A new purchase a couple years ago is an oversized Coleman® Extreme Marine Pro Marine Cooler 150-Qt. I can add ice and an entire boned elk, muley, several antelope, turkeys etc fit in it without any trouble. Plenty of room for food for extended trips. I watched a youtube video before I bought it and ice lasted almost as long as yeti coolers of comparable size. The Coleman was around 1/4 the price!

I really like having a topper on my Tundra. It's home away from home on overnighter and extended trips. It's also a mobile camp. I can camp out fairly comfortably on extended trips. where I end up at the end of the day. I'm also out of the wind, snow, rain, etc. I have a bed liner on the roof and bed that makes it super comfortable...even in winter.

Fitzwho

WKR
Shovel, axe, tire chains, compressor stay in the truck at all times when heading toward any sort of mountain. I like to bring a rolling floor jack also. It just kicks the ass of any jack ever provided with a vehicle.

With CWD concerns and transportation requirements, I guess I need to add a propane tank, burner, and boiling pot.

There are always extra knives, charging cords, ammo, etc stuffed in door pockets and seat backs.

Kodiak Canvas truck tent,
Recovery Kit
Compressor
Shovel
Ice chests
2.5 gal Water
Drybag w/ 15' Quickloaders, bungees, cargo net, tire cables.

Nothing much different than what's been said already. Jack, come along, straps, chains and tire chains, don't forget clevis it can save a lot of headaches. Shovel and bow saw or chain saw depending. Pretty complete tool set. Batteries, battery charger, portable compressor, tire plugs, TP, meds and bigger med kit. Chest freezer and or coolers. Extra tent, bag, clothes, boots, and extra rifle. Yes I have an 8ft bed and a kitchen sink problem.

SPARE KEY TO VEHICLE SECURELY ATTACHED IN AN ACCESSIBLE PLACE!