What's in your kill kit?

philw

Lil-Rokslider
For elk, a folding Gerber with a 3 1/2 inch blade, a couple of large plastic garbage bags cut open to put on the ground to lay the meat on, 50 ft. of 1/8 inch nylon rope for hanging the meat in a tree while I'm hauling a load out. Also some game bags, cheesecloth type for hanging quarters and silnylon for boned-out meat (I hang quarters in the shade to keep them cool but bone out the meat before hauling it out on my back). If I have a buck or bull tag, I'll also have a lightweight saw for the antlers and skull plate.

cmeier117

WKR
Havalon, Alaska bags (Upgrading to TAG or Caribou), contractor garbage bags, zip ties (or somewhere in my pack), 550 cord, orange marking tape

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Havalon Piranta, 5 extra blades, still looking at games bags to use thinking caribou bags, 550 cord, duct tape, zip ties, a trash bag to lay meat on and some orange marking tape. daniel

2rocky

WKR
Fixed blade skinning knife from my great grandfather on my belt
pocket steel for touch ups
AK game bags pre rolled
50' of 5/16" kermantle rope (to sling quarters on saddle horse)
Half Roll of flagging tape
Pack of Wet Ones
3 lengths of Baling twine
Bottle of brandy back at camp ;-D

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 ft of parachord, wyoming saw, flagging tape, knife, stone, 4 game bags, hanging wires, plastic bag for tenderloins, tripod for camera and camera.

JG358

WKR
Fixed blade knife
Diamond stone
Havalon with a couple extra blades
550 cord
Caribou game bags
Webbing and a couple caribieners
Couple trash bags and a gallon zip lock

Mike7

WKR
Pretty much the same as cmeier117, but I use my Tyvek sleeping tarp to lay meat/game bags on, and then save the plastic contractors bag to line the backpack.

Hoping to get to use my caribou bags this year and hoping they will prevent blow flys without the need for any tobasco/lemon/pepper type treatments. I learned the hard way that the Alaskan bags don't do the trick for flys. They might work okay for wrapping around quarters that are hung by attaching directly to the bone. But if you hang any meat from the bags themselves (i.e. boned out meat), then the weight will cause the bags to stretch, creating openings that the blow flys can lay eggs through.

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
My list varies depending on if I am motorized or walking in.

Motorized
Buck skinning knife
Buck boning knife
Havalon with extra blades
Gerber folding saw
TAG bags
Heavy duty canvas game bags
550 cord
latex or nitrile gloves
Meat hook
large hefty bags
Salt sometimes
Flagging tape
Stone

Walking
TAG bags
Havalon with extra blades
one large Hefty trash bag

RUTTIN

WKR
Buck knife on my side
acusharp in pack (sharpen knife and broadheads)
caribou game bags
light weight saw for cutting off skull plates (forget the name, from caribou game bags)
safety bracelet on wrist (cut the ends and you have about 50ft of para cord for hanging quarters
flagging tape
camera (for the grip and grin)

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kifaru meat baggies, 2 Allen Outfitter grade game bags, 2 light garbage bags, paracord, 2 lightweight folding utility knives (1 with shingle blade, one with skinning blade)

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
My kill kit all fits in a mesh bag that I stick in the bottom of my pack.

5 Caribou Gear bags
1 large Contractor bag
Gerber LST knife
Tyvec ground cloth 4'x4'
stubby pen (to fill out your tag)

My pack already has the other standard items (primary knife. gerber saw, paracord, marking tape)