What's in your pockets?

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
I've been researching some new hunting pants and have noticed the trend to add several pockets. As someone who doesn't like a ton of stuff in his pockets while doing heavy climbing or hiking, I have to wonder why the need for several pockets? Not that I'm against options, I'm just curious if I'm missing some purpose for 6+ pockets.

I might put my rangefinder in a thigh pocket and always have some chapstick in my right pocket. Sometimes my bow release is in a pocket when the bow is on the pack.

So, what's in your pockets?

Craig4791

WKR
Only thing I carry in my pockets is my merino neck gaitor in one pocket and my merino beanie in the other.

I will carry other items like my GPS and small calls for short periods of time but generally I really dislike having stuff in my pockets while hiking.

The rest of the small items go in my bino harness and belt pouches on my pack.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
chapstick and windicator in left pocket. Rangefinder with lanyard attached to belt loop in right pocket. Merino buff in cargo pocket with extra mouth calls.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
Camera and rangefinder go in thigh pockets. Chap stick, wind indicator and knife go in regular pockets.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Usually nothing is in my pockets as I put all the stuff I need readily in the waistbelt pockets on my pack, but occasionally if on final stalk I'll have a camera or rangefinder in the cargo pockets of my pants.

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty much all the stuff mentioned above at some time or another. Also like to have some TP handy for first thing in the morning. A cup of coffee followed by a good climb and I'll need it and usually in a hurry beats digging in the pack for it. Also used to be a can of Copenhagen but I think I finally quit that cr*p.

a3dhunter

WKR
left front pocket- wind checker
right front pocket- diaphragm call (and possibly my rangefinder in previous years, going to try rangesnap this year)
right rear pocket- D.L. , hunting license and tags (never want to end up without it because I left it in my pack) and some cash. My wallet is too thick to carry during hunting season so I put that stuff in one of those license holders, much thinner but never without it.

If dropping my pack for a stalk, I will add a pair of gloves to one of my pockets.

A trapper style pocket knife in my right pocket and a Zippo in my left pocket, And a can of mint snuff in my shirt pockett (used to be copenhagen)

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windchecker, lightweight gloves if early in morning, lightweight beanie, fingertab, elk calls and lucky elk teeth.

vcb

WKR
Everything is in the day pack but I do have Chapstick, squirt bottle of corn starch for wind direction and rangefinder with lanyard strapped to my bino harness.

G Posik

WKR
Wind checker goes in the left pocket. Chap stick in the right. Other than that if it heats up gloves (Light weight)and will go in a cargo pocket.

Glenn

swat8888

WKR
Im a pocket freak....I carry.

License w/extra bullet...just in case I need to put myself out of my misery....lol
Chapstick
Beanie and/or gaiter
Knife
Gum, candy
Powerbars...in case I leave my pack and get stuck on a stalk without food
GPS....only when I drop pack

I stuff too much crap in my pockets.
Windicator
hanky
Beanie when I'm not wearing it
gloves when I'm not wearing them
rangefinder
lighter

Beastmode

WKR
I hate having things in my pockets. Maybe a rangefinder for the final stalk. My fhf bino harness keeps all my essentials so no need to put things in my pockets.