What’s in your rig?

PAhntr91

WKR
Thought this might be interesting topic. Just swapped from a Tacoma to 4Runner so I don’t have as much room. But what are you all keeping in your rig at all times. I used to have drawers in the bed just kept most of my hunting stuff in there and a yeti 45. Plus a fly rod, Msr pocket rocket, few hand tools, first aid, tow strap. If it’s not to hot I’d like to have my bow and a target. Never know when I’ll have time to stop by the range. Any ways what does everyone keep in there vehicles at all times?

Thinking about picking up a Milwaukee cordless chainsaw, I have tons of other Milwaukee tools and batteries. Would be nice with my solar charger to be able to have a quiet chainsaw when the time comes!

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Thinking about picking up a Milwaukee cordless chainsaw, I have tons of other Milwaukee tools and batteries. Would be nice with my solar charger to be able to have a quiet chainsaw when the time comes!
Good idea. Those big 18v 9 amp batteries are crazy powerful

I've been running a 4runner as my hunting rig for a few years now, I barely have room for 2 kids and a dog cause of everything I carry. Always have a sidearm and a shotgun, I have front and rear winches on it so I have both remotes and enough rigging to hopefully get myself unstuck. Small K2 cooler, extra ammo, spotting scope, bino's, rangefinder, snacks for the kids, chainsaw with extra chains, and a buddy can for the saw. Extra fuel for the 4runner, shovel, axe, fire starters, maps, gps, first aid kit for people and the dog. These are things that stay in there, as seasons and hunts change other stuff is added or taken out

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
I've been running a 4runner as my hunting rig for a few years now, I barely have room for 2 kids and a dog cause of everything I carry. Always have a sidearm and a shotgun, I have front and rear winches on it so I have both remotes and enough rigging to hopefully get myself unstuck. Small K2 cooler, extra ammo, spotting scope, bino's, rangefinder, snacks for the kids, chainsaw with extra chains, and a buddy can for the saw. Extra fuel for the 4runner, shovel, axe, fire starters, maps, gps, first aid kit for people and the dog. These are things that stay in there, as seasons and hunts change other stuff is added or taken out
Dang man. You must have that think packed. I have two kids also so gotta leave them seats up

Opah

WKR
Man I got to get out of California, I got stopped for driving home from work during the curfews, the cop saw some spent casings in the back of my truck and then took my truck apart feeling he was sure to find a weapon.
Major dicks out here!

FLAK

WKR
In my fj80 ,,, Air Compressor, Plug Kit, Bag of various hand tools, Duct tape, zip ties, etc...Folding shovel, tow strap, chain, hatchet.
And, usually several bottles or a case of water.

robtattoo

WKR
Enough tools to fix any type of fence I come across. A blanket, couple of towels, couple of guns, high lift jack, shovel, 2 40' ratchet straps & a gallon of water. Nearly everything goes in a 65qt coleman cooler, or in the cab.

Maki35

WKR
I keep a portable floor jack in the truck (I had a prob w/ the cheap factory scissor jack once.)
jumper cables, tow rope, rain jacket, blanket, first-aid kit, work gloves, 1qt of motor oil, 1gal of water, rag, papertowels, extra cloths(hoodie, shorts, socks), tire plug kit, small tool kit, duct tape, electrical tape, map, nylon twine/rope, few $$ for gas (in case I forget/lose my wallet).

If I'm going hunting or vacation- I'll add other gear.

Last edited:

nphunter

WKR
Jumper box, wrench roll with screwdrivers crescent, players, knife, and a few common wrenches, 1/4” drive socket set, garbage bags, spot light, first aid kit, gaiters, plug kit, gorilla tape, TP, wet wipes, elk calls, binos.
In the summer and fall I carry a shovel, axe and a yeti 45 or 50. I’ll throw in a chainsaw in Oct/Nov for firewood.
I’m sure i could add more, I already have onboard air and a winch so I don’t really see a need for a high lift.
I’m opposite of the OP, I went from a Xterra, to a Unlimited Rubicon to a 4 door Tacoma with a roof rack and canopy so I feel like I’ve got all the room in the world.

hodgeman

WKR
I keep a couple of tow straps, a couple of ratchet straps, MSR snow shovel and a snow broom, 4 way lug wrench, a couple cans of fix a flat, first aid kit, a couple of headlamps, rain gear or cold weather gear depending on the season, roll of shop towels, a few flares, a havalon with a few blades Usually a handful of rifle rounds and shotguns shells, and a box of 22s live in there. I keep a couple lighters, some sanitizing wipes, etc. I've usually got a couple pairs of work gloves, a couple of beanies, a couple of high vis vests I use on the job site and a hard hat.

I don't keep much dedicated hunting or fishing gear in there until I'm hunting and then my hunting pack lives in the truck for the duration of the season along with any other gear I'm taking. Usually camp goes in an action packer in the bed with a couple cans of fuel.

WCB

WKR
Compressor, plug kit, tow strap, A real tire iron, shovel (in the winter), small fixed blade knife, pair of leather gloves, headlamp, lighter, partial roll of TP and some napkins, chapstik.

HOCKEY STICK...best, craps in the front of the box and I don't want to climb up there, tool in the world.

I carry my pistol and extra mag on me but have an extra box of ammo in the truck along with two pars of shooting glasses and two pairs cheap foam ear plugs.

Things come in and out seasonally...right now my coyote gun, calls, bibs, jacket and boots live in my backseat.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Chains, shovel, water jugs, inreach, snatch strap, first aid kit, trauma kit, compressor, wrench roll and socket set.

In the winter I also carry my Klim bibs and a full Helly Hansen raincoat with a hood. That rain gear is awesome when you have to get on the ground to dig out, chain up, or fix something. I stay completely dry, and can happily scoot around in the slush like I'm on a creeper.

- bucket full of hand tools
- dewalt socket set
- milwaukee power equip with box of bits, blades, etc,
- box of chains & impressive ratchet strap collection
- large first aid kit
- fillet knife
- booster cables
- tape, wire, zipties
- straggling half boxes of ammo
- truck gun
- car seat
- truck bino's