What’s New for Kifaru?

pirogue

WKR
Love when we can go down a rabbit hole or 2 on these threads. I’m gonna order the small Marsupial bino pack for my 10x42’s. I’ve had a couple different makes and models over the years and they were always too big, bulky and cumbersome.
I hear you on the bulky and cumbersome. The original Kuiu large for the Swarovski El 10X42 perfectly. Then they came out with the the Pro version in large, and it just swallows the same binos, and sticks out from the chest , another 1/2 inch or more. Not what a bow hunter wants when drawing his bow.

Aaron let it slip that there were two packs coming in the latest Mindful Hunter Podcast.

the "Gnargali" which was a simplified zipperless muskeg with nalgene pockets
and a Nomad with a built in shelf.
Nomad with a built in shelf sounds interesting! Curious to see the layout.
Don’t know it would replace my Stryker xl, but I do like the nomad design

Straight jacket looks badass. Would be a solid work pack for hauling stuff, and hunting pack.

Definitely looking at it over the Stryker now if I get a smaller pack.

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
Figured someone else might find this useful. I reached out to Kifaru and asked if the straight jacket could fit a 55 gallon drum. They said it will work, but extend out pretty far. One may be in my future for hiking in bear baits. The concept of this pack seems pretty damn cool.

Dirtbag

WKR
The straight jacket looks like it could be inspired by the Eberlestock Blue widow which is an awesome pack. Pretty cool.

I like the Stryker XL, a lot. When they added the bottle pockets to the regular Stryker, I was pretty sure that was game over. I also like this Straightjacket.

This is begging for a future StrykerJacket though. A bane would be similar on the front, but the stryker XL bag instead of the cargo panel......

prm

WKR
Well, after a Reckoning, Nomad II, Stryker, and Stryker XL, this one looks interesting. I’ll stick with the XL this season, but that Straightjacket may be a very useful pack.

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
I wish you could get that shelf/panel from the Strykers and now the Straight Jacket sewn onto a 2nd gen 22 mag! Anyone else like this idea?

TheTone

WKR
Straight jacket sure looks a lot like my MR crew cab I’ve had for over a decade. I do prefer the back pockets on my crew cab over a bunch of molle

dammit! the straightjacket looks to be an awesome day pack!

my thoughts on the stryker xl is that it's the best daypack design i have seen/used, the straightjacket looks to be in that same category..... i'm going to resist the impulse to buy one right now, because i'm very happy with the stryker xl, but i could see a straightjacket in my future (the pack bag ;) )

i do like the batwing design, that was my favorite part of the design of my old horn hunter full curl, makes a big load easy to secure well.... this new bag is exactly what i wanted the nomad to be.... it looks like they nailed it in my opinion. they really have an impressive design team..... i was pretty blown away with the little details in design of my stryker xl, and it looks like the straightjacket is the same.... those little details that could easily be missed are not.

i'm once again impressed with kifaru. everything i have of theirs seems to be this way.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a silly design. Why not just make batwing pockets so a person could throw them on almost any pack?