What’s old enough?

williaada

WKR
I make sure to take my children out as much as possible. They are 4,6, and 7. The 6 and 7 year have been going out hunting or fishing since they were potty trained and the 4yr old went out for the first time. I make sure to purchase some candy and a drink for each child to make it special. Plus, leave if the child get cold.
My 6 and 7 year old can last all day and are using the range finders and binos well enough to pick out bucks and does.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
My son is now 4. He went once hog hunting last year and that was a disaster for him. He hated the heat, brush busting, etc. He went turkey hunting and did better, but still doesnt like to be quiet haha. He likes everything about hunting, except the hard parts :) he still wants to go though! We mostly hunt public land in texas though.

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is an older thread but thought I would add my experience since other guys may find it helpful. I process all of my critters at home so my kids have been watching deer get dissembled their whole lives which I believe made a big difference. They already understood that animals are alive and have to die for us to eat them. My oldest (Girl) started tagging along on hunts with me when she was 2.5 and as a three old watched two turkeys and two whitetails get shot. She is 4 now and really wants to start hunting herself but I do feel like she needs a few years before she gets to pull the trigger.

Attachments

• IMG-0340.JPG
    IMG-0340.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9243.jpg
    IMG_9243.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 7