What's on your Christmast list this year?

Loper

WKR
My family is hounding me for a Christmas list. I typically don't ask for anything because if I think I want something, I research it and often wait for a good deal to come along and buy it. However, this drives my wife nuts as she has nothing to get me during the holidays. Usually because I don't give my family a list I end up getting something I really don't want or need, and its just a waste of money. I've been scratching my head but can't come up with much. What are some things that are on your list this year? Maybe I'll see something that I may need or want. Thanks!

matt77

FNG
If you have to ask the internet about what you should ask for, you don't need anything. Enjoy the holiday with family and friends, hopefully over good food and drink and enjoy the giving gifts.

Im in the same boat would rather find exactly what I want and find a good deal

My family is hounding me for a Christmas list. I typically don't ask for anything because if I think I want something, I research it and often wait for a good deal to come along and buy it. However, this drives my wife nuts as she has nothing to get me during the holidays. Usually because I don't give my family a list I end up getting something I really don't want or need, and its just a waste of money. I've been scratching my head but can't come up with much. What are some things that are on your list this year? Maybe I'll see something that I may need or want. Thanks!
I am in the exact same boat... If I want it, I go get it and the wife gets frustrated at this time of year.... now I make a list of minor things during season and wait so she can get it.... merino tops are always a solid bet and this year my jetboil is wore out... that's an easy one... when my kids ask its always a new headlamp, merino underwear and darn tough socks...

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
After missing Christmas with my family due to work last year, a couple of hospitalizations for my wife this year and some other life things, and now me, my wife and daughter are on the tail end of our Covid isolation, I just want to sit back and enjoy family, food and maybe some beverage with them.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
If you have to ask the internet about what you should ask for, you don't need anything. Enjoy the holiday with family and friends, hopefully over good food and drink and enjoy the giving gifts.

Im in the same boat would rather find exactly what I want and find a good deal

Yep, you are exactly right.

I am in the exact same boat... If I want it, I go get it and the wife gets frustrated at this time of year.... now I make a list of minor things during season and wait so she can get it.... merino tops are always a solid bet and this year my jetboil is wore out... that's an easy one... when my kids ask its always a new headlamp, merino underwear and darn tough socks...

Good call on the socks. I forgot that one of my darn tough socks burned through the foot as I was trying to dry them out near the fire this year.

After missing Christmas with my family due to work last year, a couple of hospitalizations for my wife this year and some other life things, and now me, my wife and daughter are on the tail end of our Covid isolation, I just want to sit back and enjoy family, food and maybe some beverage with them.

Hope you enjoy the holidays with your family.

Fatcamp

WKR
A new job. Interviewed yesterday. 🤞 And an elk. Have a Christmas cow tag.

Wife got an 18' jon boat. Going to pick up a 25hp Mercury today.

Kids? IDK. They never want anything.

Zdub02

WKR
If you're wife is determined to get you something, why not tell her to grab something small like a nice bottle of bourbon or a cheese or meat board or something you could both enjoy together? Then she can give you a wrapped present and you can enjoy some nice family time

Drenalin

WKR
Every backpacking pillow I can possibly get my hands on - I've got to get that equation solved.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
This year I've got a knife sharpening system, small flashlight that could be used for everyday carry, a fixed blade different than what I already have and a couple of Kifaru accessories (belt pouch, lid, possibles pullout). I leave the super specific stuff off of the list and just buy it myself when it goes on sale.

crich

WKR
Every backpacking pillow I can possibly get my hands on - I've got to get that equation solved.
Small kuiu boned out meat bag. Shove a puffy in it and its perfect. Theyre shaped like a rectangle when filled up... game changer for sure.

Sounds like you don't need anything. If she insists on buying you something ask for restaurant gift cards for you guys to go out. Or movie tickets for the whole family.

I've been with my wife for 10 years now. Right out of the gate we decided no birthday, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc. present and we both stick to it. During the year when one of us needs something or wants to treat ourselves when we see a deal pop up, we just buy it guilt free.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I'm eyeballing a new rangefinder. It is more costly than I would ask for as a gift, so brother in law, etc. I'm asking for a small gift card to the retailer I am going to buy it from.

I'm finally old enough to want house slippers for the first time in my life.

Beyond that, I usually ask that if they insist on spending money on a gift, to make a donation on my behalf to the local food pantry, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, NWTF, or RMEF.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I’m asking for some ultralight trekking poles. I got my first Wilderness bull this September and the pack out just about killed me. I used to hunt out at the coast where it was easy to use a game cart or even a wheelbarrow once I packed everything to a logging road. No wheels allowed in the wilderness and I broke two walking sticks on parts of the trail where a fall could be crippling at best.