What's on your Christmast list this year?

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I normally do the same thing you do.

The last several years, I have asked for item that typically don't go on sale or are on sale during black Friday and don't require a lot of research.

This year it is:
Darn Tough Merino wool socks
Plano all weather gun case
Range ammo
Amazon wireless earbuds
Other clothing that I would like

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Last year my wife gave me an Iphone. I didn't ask for it......I didn't want it.....I still don't want it.......it's too big and heavy for my pockets.........but it does take great pics. It's worthless up in elk camp because of no service, but my old flip phone had 5 bars with the same provider. It also goes from 100% to zero battery power every night, I guess from the cold......even though it doesn't get that cold in September. The battery in my flip phone would last all season.

So I guess I better give her ideas this year, because I don't want another item I don't need or want. Nothing comes to mind right now.....except maybe my old flip phone hooked back up to Verizon.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too many common items 5mile elk tactics age knees back….now flip phone….did not convert until this year🤣…..I grabbed a couple portable chargers for the iPhone due to what you noted…I’m hooked now due to photo quality and ease but the old flip phone was fine for decades 🤙

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, you are exactly right.

Good call on the socks. I forgot that one of my darn tough socks burned through the foot as I was trying to dry them out near the fire this year.

Hope you enjoy the holidays with your family.
Thank you sir and you as well.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I’m asking for some ultralight trekking poles. I got my first Wilderness bull this September and the pack out just about killed me. I used to hunt out at the coast where it was easy to use a game cart or even a wheelbarrow once I packed everything to a logging road. No wheels allowed in the wilderness and I broke two walking sticks on parts of the trail where a fall could be crippling at best.
Saw these at Costco yesterday. While not ultralight, they are cheap. I did find it comical that they call them shooting stick but leave off an image of a rifle on the packing/display, just a picture of the v-rest. Guess they don't want to offend anyone...
9620e354528d6a541aaf6853a527b9ad.jpg
a6dca3e53eaade21aaadcc8fc2b49cd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Too many common items 5mile elk tactics age knees back….now flip phone….did not convert until this year…..I grabbed a couple portable chargers for the iPhone due to what you noted…I’m hooked now due to photo quality and ease but the old flip phone was fine for decades

I’m convinced that all battery banks are the same…. I’ve got a GoalZero 10,000 MaH I can get maybe 3 charges…. An Amazon one 3 charges and it still shows 85%. $100 vs $40!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My in-laws all wanted to get together and get me something that I really wanted this year. So I told them that I'd really love 1 box of factory loaded 7SAUM ammo. I've really enjoyed watching them (a) try to figure out what that is (since none own guns), and (b) figure out where and how to buy it. I'll see them for Thanksgiving next week and assuming they are ready to give up, I'll ask for a pair of zipoff merino base layer pants.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Last year my wife gave me an Iphone. I didn't ask for it......I didn't want it.....I still don't want it.......it's too big and heavy for my pockets.........but it does take great pics. It's worthless up in elk camp because of no service, but my old flip phone had 5 bars with the same provider. It also goes from 100% to zero battery power every night, I guess from the cold......even though it doesn't get that cold in September. The battery in my flip phone would last all season.

So I guess I better give her ideas this year, because I don't want another item I don't need or want. Nothing comes to mind right now.....except maybe my old flip phone hooked back up to Verizon.

I understand. This is the exact reason why Im asking for ideas.

Last year I said I didn’t want anything. My wife and young kids know I put hot sauce on everything so they must have told everyone and their brother that. I ended up with 3 gift sets of multiple hot sauces. I have so much hot sauce that it can’t all be stored on the shelf in the pantry and I’ll be using these bottles for the next 4-5 years. The last thing I want is a repeat of hot sauces or some random item I don’t want or need.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
My in-laws all wanted to get together and get me something that I really wanted this year. So I told them that I'd really love 1 box of factory loaded 7SAUM ammo. I've really enjoyed watching them (a) try to figure out what that is (since none own guns), and (b) figure out where and how to buy it. I'll see them for Thanksgiving next week and assuming they are ready to give up, I'll ask for a pair of zipoff merino base layer pants.

Hahaha…that’s pretty funny. I love messing with people, especially my family members, so maybe I’ll send them in a wild good chase trying to track down some random item, that may or may not exist.

ShakeDown

WKR
More meat bags, always need more meat bags. TAG, Argali, Kifaru.

Hate spending money on socks so +1 on Darn Tough.

Going to ask for some of those AZ special hunt tickets. January Coues tag would be sweet.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Every backpacking pillow I can possibly get my hands on - I've got to get that equation solved.
I absolutely hate inflatable pillows and bought one of these thermarest foam ones a few years ago. The small rolls up about the size of a Nalgene and to me is definitely worth the extra space it takes up. Just make sure to give it a good shake/fluff and let it have some time to expand before sleeping on it after it being rolled up.

ffiivvee

Lil-Rokslider
Darn tough socks. They're just comfy in general let alone in the woods. My wife asked me this question last week. She was like " you want the usual cabelas gift card?"

She knows that she wouldn't have any idea as to what to get me unless I tell her specific brand and model name and at that point may as well just give me the money and I'll get it myself.

We're rather blunt with each other as far as things like that are concerned. She told me to get her a gift card to the one spa and we will call it good. Hell, when we were at the point where we knew I was going to propose at some time in the future she sent me three links to three rings that she liked from an etsy shop (she's not a big fan of diamonds...score!) and told me to pick from those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk