What's on your feet this year?

aggieland

WKR
I generally prefer Vibram Five Fingers, but have used practically every hiking shoe out at one time or another.

I just bought a pair of these for running and working out. So far I really like them. But not sure If I would wear them into the Back country.. Interesting thought though!

I just bought a pair of these for running and working out. So far I really like them. But not sure If I would wear them into the Back country.. Interesting thought though!
These would make a nice stalking shoe I bet. Might be better than the sock option I all to often use

aggieland

WKR
These would make a nice stalking shoe I bet. Might be better than the sock option I all to often use

This was my exact thought when i put the shoe on.. One suggestion, i have not looked at all the shoes they make but one of the newer versions has a bicycle type tred on the bottom. I bet these would be perfect for this exact situation..

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
My lowas. Grabbing a snack mid-day, just hanging on the edge of a bedding area. Ended up killing my bull in this area, 5 days later.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 88

bowinhand

WKR
Hanwag Alaskan but have been breaking in a pair of Lowa Banff pros I picked up at REI for 150.00. and liking them so far.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Seems like a lot of people use the Kenetrek's. Do you just order from their website? What did the Non-insulated ones cost you?

Sawtooth

FNG
Salomon 4D Quest GTX boots for heavy packing, Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras for the light stuff, Crocs for wet wading and camp.

PS: Nice website! Great job!

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like a lot of people use the Kenetrek's. Do you just order from their website? What did the Non-insulated ones cost you?

I wanted to touch them first so I went down to Wholesale Sports they carry them now. They ran just north of $300.00

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Solomon XA Pro 3D for summer scouting, through hiking and pack rafting. Mountain hiking and sheep season I wear La Sportiva Glaciers with aftermarket pink super feet insoles to add cushion and make up for the fact that the smallest size they make is still a half size to big for my tiny feet.

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
Inov8 TerRocs for my trail running and light hiking. Lowa Renegades for the rest. Just got these to replace my Vasque Breeze GTX's. Really liking the Lowas.

I picked up a pair of the Kennetrek Mt hunter's this past summer prior to my fall/winter hunts for an extremely good deal. They have been great for just about all conditions so far and saved my butt on my sheep hunt this year!