What's on your feet this year?

I just bought a pair of these for running and working out. So far I really like them. But not sure If I would wear them into the Back country.. Interesting thought though!

I use the Treksport model. Basically instead of being slick they have some tread on the bottom. They work really well, and really cut down on the chances for an ankle roll. However, they are not waterproof by any means.

JSonn

FNG
This year I am going with Hanwag Alaska GTX boots, Smartwool PhD socks and Crocs Off-Road clogs

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Tibets seem to be custom made for my foot! I have many miles in boots over the years in all sorts of conditions and these are the best so far. May try a pair of Kenetrek 1000 this year based on reviews found here.

OR Archer

WKR
Under Armour Speed Freeks. Hands down the best boot I've ever worn. Light weight, waterproof, and VERY comfortable.

7mag.

WKR
I love my Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. A little more than I would normally spend on a boot dedicated to just hunting, but they are worth it. I've never been a gear junkie, but after buying a Swarovksi spotter, and the Kenetreks, I am quickly learning that some things, like boots and optics, you need to spend the money to get good gear. I've had my Kenetreks for 2 seasons, and couldn't be more pleased with a boot.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
Prolly these but I don't know yet.

I'll know by the end of the summer if it's these or a pair of Zam's or other Meindl's.

Attachments

• boot6.jpg
    boot6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 82
I use the Treksport model. Basically instead of being slick they have some tread on the bottom. They work really well, and really cut down on the chances for an ankle roll. However, they are not waterproof by any means.

i love these on the boat been wanting to try the BORMIO but cant seem to pull the trigger because they are really creppy looking lol

Last edited:

qdmbucks

FNG
Anyone tried Crispi boots yet ?I'm considering giving them a try this year
Tim

I got a pair of the Kanada's and they where built awesome and the fit and finish was top notch. Customer service was some of the best I have ever seen. I have really messed up feet so they didn't fit me right (95% of footwear doesn't) so I sent them back. If they fit they would have given me years of quality service.

Matt

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Tibets...Asolo Sassolngs are my backup. Got a pair on Kenetrek Hardscramble Lights in size 13 for anyone intesrested. They just don't fit my right foot.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I got a pair of the Kanada's and they where built awesome and the fit and finish was top notch. Customer service was some of the best I have ever seen. I have really messed up feet so they didn't fit me right (95% of footwear doesn't) so I sent them back. If they fit they would have given me years of quality service.

Matt

If you have jacked up feet you really only have one option and that is Hanwag boots from Lathrop and Sons. They also are a sponsor I think. ;) I do have Crispi's and they are the bomb...

G Posik

WKR
i have been hunting the Mindel Alaska's for a few years. I ordered a pair of the Oboz Yellowstone II and will give them some try outs this summer before I decide if I will use them in the Colorado mountains this year.

Glenn

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn Danner Grouse boots for years but I'm looking to try a pair of Hanwag Mountain Lights this year. I'll be able to drop some weight and hopefully get a boot that lasts a little longer.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
has anybody used the Meindl perfect hiker, 7", i have a cabelas gift card so i thought i would try a pair for archery elk.

Dlove

FNG
My wife and I both used the Meindl Perfect Hikers on our Dall sheep hunt and I have no real complaints.