Whats the best boot for early/mid season whitetail?

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
It is in no way the best boot for this, and it’s probably just because I was born in the swamp, but my only choice for early season WT are the classic green lacrosse rubber knee boot.

Crispi lapponia works great for me. I snagged another pair of the originals last fall so I can’t speak to the lapponia 2’s

I primarily hang and hunt in Northwest MO. I’ve used the Danner High grounds the last 3 years with only the laces breaking. They don’t make them anymore but I think the vital or pronghorn models are similar. Just did a backcountry fishing trip in Colorado with them. Held up no problem

skyguy

FNG
Early season or anytime I have a decent hike in my Danner Crater Rims have worked great, little stiffer but hold up well and are a great all around boot I use for backpacking as well.

I used the Saloman GTX’s they were good boot however they did take a beating in the mountains and the mid sole wasn’t stiff enough for me. Every where else I use them they were good!

bigbahksdude

Lil-Rokslider
Schnees is running a sale right now on Timberlines which people like for early season. Not sure how far you're hiking in though. Might make more sense to go with something less intense if you've got a short walk in and are worried about scent. I'm personally saving up for the Beartooths. I figure one boot to do it all.