Whats the best quick release rifle system?

My first season with the kifaru also. At first it was a little weird with the rifle under my arm, but didn't take long to get use to it. Easy to get the rifle out and comfortable.

I bought a landowner cow elk rifle tag a few years ago. I think id only had 2 other rifle hunts since 2008 when i started bowhunting and became addicted instantly to archery. Prior to that i never hunted with a real pack and always just slung the rifle over the shoulder. Never could find a comfortable way to carry a rifle. After that hunt a couple years ago i had enough of carrying a rifle. It just wasnt comfortable and i almost dropped my rifle on more than 1 occasion when the sling slid off my shoulder. This year i bought another landowner cow rifle tag and i purchased the Kifaru Gun Bearer. Total game changer and no more fatigue or rifle sliding off the shoulder. Love it! In fact i love it so much i have no doubt i will add in more rifle hunts when i can. As much as i love to bowhunt, i am a hunter and will hunt every chance i get no matter the weapon.

roborob

FNG
I use the kifaru gun bearer as well. I still leave the sling on for flexibility and shooting support if needed and that can make things a little awkward so thinking of taking it off. Sometimes the barrel can get in the way but I think it is way more manageable than if it was a normal carry. You do have to pay a bit more attention though if you aren't solo so that you aren't pointing the barrel at anyone.

Ever since seeing the pictures the member posted of a gun bearer wearing a pretty terrible spot in his stock im wondering if the new gun bearer i have is for me.
I'm musc to ocd and spent way to much money for that crap.
Maybe I should try the slik
Just take a piece of gorilla tape and put it over the Velcro. It’s Velcro that rubs. At least it did for me and gorilla tape fixed it instantly.

tdot

WKR
Gunbearer here too. When I was using a Kifaru pack, I was able to rig the top portion of the Stone Glacier setup and use it with the bottom of the gun bearer. That way I had the best of both worlds, under arm gunbearer carry or behind the shoulder. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a satisfactory way to rig the SG on my Seek Outside packs, but do continue to use the gunbearer.

Kifaru gun bearer here. The rifle under my arm really isn’t noticeable for me, and I’d like to think it provides a little extra element protection and padding for the scope and action. Also like knowing where the end of the barrel is at all times, definitely makes sneaking through brush/under trees easier. Can really go from hiking/glassing to seated shooting position extremely quickly.

I ditto this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk