What’s the difference in these sworos?

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to say that it cost me $300.00 to upgrade my slc 8x30 in August. I feel that it was absolutely worth it. With the upgrade, everything inside and out of the bino is brand new. The swarobright made them considerably brighter, and the colors "pop" now. I decided to have them upgraded because I had just purchased a 1995 slc 7x42, that had been upgraded in 2014, and was impressed by the view, compared to my slc 8x30.
I did my EL's a year ago but it was a current model and just a refurbish. I paid around $150 but I think they just cleaned them out and replaced everything that was worn out mechanically and replaced the exterior lenses. My guess is the price difference was for upgrading a few items. I'm not sure why but I have been on a constant search for a pair of old porro prism swaros that I could have refurbished and leave in my truck. I'm in a lot of pawn shops year round looking for deals on guns and I'm sure ill turn up a pair.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
They quoted me $150 for all lenses, and $150 for prisms. It got new barrels, lenses, prisms, focuser, eyecups, armoring, and objective, and eye covers, and new serial number. Really, a brand new bino. I dont know of any other company where that is even an option. The $150 you paid was probably the lens replacement, because they normally clean and replace worn parts for free.

Block

WKR
Block, the slc 7x42 and 10x42 got swarobright prisms and lenses around 2002. The slc 8x30 got them in 2003. The pre swarobright slc had a dimmer, yellower view to them. The swarobright is more color nuetral, and brighter. Swarobright was dielectric prisms, and different coatings, not to be confused with swarovision, which are field flattening lenses. I dont know of anything in 2004, 2006 were the hydrophobic, or easy clean lenses. If the box says Swarobright on it, those are the better slc, up until the hd.

Ok thanks! yeah maybe it was 2003’ now that I think about it... I just made sure to buy 04’ or newer according to advice from others to be sure. Happy with the 04’ 10x42 SCL tho for sure,, esp with the price I swooped them for