What’s the gnarliest situation you’ve been in while hunting?

Marble

I was wearing my Sitka outfit. Not once was I cold or wet. This was on opening day of elk rifle in 2019 when the blizzard hit and dumped a lot of snow. It was perfect weather for hunting.
I was not only excited for shooting my first bull but a really nice bull. But after being a LEO for nearly 30 years I don’t show excitement very well.
Isn't if funny how we react to different situations? We have the same concerned as anyone else watching something unfold, we've just learned how to deal with it differently.

It remind of the movie "Bridge of Spies". Tom Hanks frequently looks at his cliente and ass why he isn't mad, yelling or concerned. His response is always, " Would it help?"

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rick653

I never had anything crazy personally happen to me. But while on the fire department we responded to a couple of tree stand falls.

We had a side by side to help us get back to the stands, but I remember one time the mud was too thick to drive. We had to board this guy and carry him to a field. Then we got him on the side by side, and got him to the road for life flight.

Wear a harness, you would rather laugh about being cut out of the tree than carried out on a board

netman

I never had anything crazy personally happen to me. But while on the fire department we responded to a couple of tree stand falls.

We had a side by side to help us get back to the stands, but I remember one time the mud was too thick to drive. We had to board this guy and carry him to a field. Then we got him on the side by side, and got him to the road for life flight.

Wear a harness, you would rather laugh about being cut out of the tree than carried out on a board
I was once dispatched to a tree stand incident to assist EMS. I arrived before them.
I was shown where the guy was by another hunter.
Turns out a guy climbed up a permanent deer stand and was pulling his old Hawkins muzzleloader up with a piece of rope. He had tied the rope around the muzzle and started pulling it up. Unknown to him while pulling the muzzleloader up it got cocked.
When he got it up to where he could reach it the gun went off and shot a 50 cal slug up through his buttocks.
He fell after the shot.

Rick653

I was once dispatched to a tree stand incident to assist EMS. I arrived before them.
I was shown where the guy was by another hunter.
Turns out a guy climbed up a permanent deer stand and was pulling his old Hawkins muzzleloader up with a piece of rope. He had tied the rope around the muzzle and started pulling it up. Unknown to him while pulling the muzzleloader up it got cocked.
When he got it up to where he could reach it the gun went off and shot a 50 cal slug up through his buttocks.
He fell after the shot.
Yikes! A lot of suspicious things happened leading up to him tearing himself a new one