What’s the hardest to kill?

What’s the hardest trophy to kill, diy, public land?

• 200” typical mule deer?

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • 200” typical white tail?

Votes: 117 64.3%
  • 400” typical bull elk?

Votes: 41 22.5%

• Total voters

2rocky

WKR
Hardest on the checkbook?
Hardest to find outside of a High Fence?
Hardest Physical exertion to get? (Hauling corn doesn't count)
Hardest international journey?

If you don't get hung up on Fair chase, Or are not shy about spending money, or don't mind traveling to another country all of them are achievable.

Kiddross

Lil-Rokslider
If this relates to how hard to take down..For the animals I have taken I would say black bear. I have killed elk, mule deer, black tail, white tail, mountain goat, antelope and black bears. Black bears for me are either they die in sight or it's gunna be a long night sort of animal. They have a will to live like none other. Antelope are by far the easiest .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Turdle

FNG
Yep, ya gotta small window on bear kill spots. Raccoon in the same family, can also last a longtime. IMO.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Hardest on the checkbook?
Hardest to find outside of a High Fence?
Hardest Physical exertion to get? (Hauling corn doesn't count)
Hardest international journey?

If you don't get hung up on Fair chase, Or are not shy about spending money, or don't mind traveling to another country all of them are achievable.
I said diy public.

And he would be wrong. Or maybe you did not read the question. The fact he has killed those from public and not a 200" whitetail kinda helps prove the point.

Yeah I'm off on my comprehension.

I was thinking you were saying easiest.

I feel certain more 200" whitetail are killed every year than elk or mule deer. But on public?

Also way more people hunting WT. Percentage of hunters to kill a 200" whitetail is probably lower than the others.

2rocky

WKR
I said diy public.
the factors I listed still apply because those are the people you are competing with. Case in point the Jimmy John's Bull. A DIY fella had him on camera. and a Bigtime outfitter basically told him the night before opening day "Don't screw up our hunt because we have all year to kill him..."

If you are going to hang your hat on the "purity" of your hunting experience, the first standard that is gonna have to go out the door is score. Hate to break it to you but bucks and bulls of the caliber you listed are seldom killed because someone is a great hunter. Luck and/or restricted access will be a part of that.

Who is the better hunter? A DIY Public land hunter who filled his tag 8 years out of 10 in a general unit on 5 points and raghorns or the DIY Public land hunter who killed a book bull in an LE unit?