What's the market for once fired brass (.308)?

Rodéo

WKR
I have well over 100 rounds of once fired .308 cartridges from various brands (nosler,federal,winchester,barnes,etc).

I have never reloaded and don't know anyone personally who does but I am sure there's a market for this kind of stuff.
What would be a ballpark price for 100-200 once fired shells?
I can send pics and more info of the brass I have if anyone is particularly interested in buying it but this is more of a speculative post to gauge the value.
Does the brand make a difference? Are some shells reloadable and some not? Can I make some money by taking them to a recycling center?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks as always

ckleeves

WKR
Mixed headstamp .308 brass is gonna be a tough sell.

If you had 100 pieces of once fired lapua .308 brass then it’s worth a bit, I would say 50.00 ish (ballpark guess)

.308 is kinda like 223, it’s everywhere so guys don’t wanna pay much for it unless it’s top quality stuff and even then it isn’t great.

Now once fired 28 Nosler, 300 RUM, even the WSM’s and SAUM’s has some pretty decent value. It’s certainly worth saving. If your not a reloader then you can still save some pretty good money by saving and selling your brass as long as it’s a desirable cartridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As cleaves said not much in this case.

Generally common calibers like 6.5 Creed, .308, .223 etc are gonna be roughly 50-75% reduced from new price for once fired.

Most people will want to stick with one headstamp as well since different brands have different capacities which will affect velocity, pressure, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MThuntr

WKR
Last year I tried to give away 150ish mixed 308 brass (military and commercial) on a different forum and never got any takers. I figured someone would be willing to pay the shipping but nothing.

OP
Rodéo

Rodéo

WKR
Thanks for your guy's info. Maybe I'll try giving it away for the price of shipping to somebody on this forum if they want to take it. (PM me if interested)
If not, I guess I'll figure out if there's a way to recycle them.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a ton (800 I think) of 308 match brass necked down to 243 and am not getting much interest on that.

robtattoo

WKR
Mixed headstamp .308 generally sells for around $20/100 round here, but that's fully processed.
Wet tumbled, anealled & full length sized.

For range pick up, generally small quantities (less that 500) are pretty much worthless.

Mikido

WKR
Resurrecting this thread for modern times. Once fired 308 factory brass? Mix of hornady and Norma. Also a separate lot of Milsurp. Thanks