What's the one piece...

What is the one piece of clothing you never leave home without? The piece that's proven it's worth time and time again..

For me it's the Arc'Teryx Atom LT. I've worn this all over the world in all different seasons and it's always appropriate.

What is the one piece of clothing you never leave home without? The piece that's proven it's worth time and time again..

For me it's the Arc'Teryx Atom LT. I've worn this all over the world in all different seasons and it's always appropriate.

I second the atom lt. It packs down small, and is always there when you need it!

in the cold weather it is merino next to skin

Fleece neck gator. I have a no-name neck gator that I've had for about 15 years. It rides in a cargo pocket in my pants, and acts as a hat or neck warmer. For me at least, it is the easiest way to go from "cold" in my current jacket or shirt to "ok" or even "warm". I bet I have about 5 bucks invested into it.

If it's going to be cool or cold...this is always going with me:

The Original - Black Rock Gear

And for that matter....a high quality ultralight down sweater/jacket by Feathered Friends (or Patagonia, Marmot, LL Bean, etc) is basically NOT optional. It's going.

I love that down hat made by Black Rock, bring mine with me all the time, so light...and warm.

I see they now make a synthetic, that will be even better for my usage.