What's the perfect pack size?

If you had to choose 1 pack for everything, what size would it be?

• 2,000-3,200 CI

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 3,200-4,200 CI

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • 4,200-5,200 CI

Votes: 47 69.1%

• Total voters

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you guys had to choose 1 pack, what size would it be?

This pack would have to fit the bill for all types of hunting (1-5) nights and day hunts as well.

I ran a 3200 cubic this season and CRAMMED everything for 7 days inside. My ideal size (because of my smaller torso) is 4000-4200 and I can go 10 days EASY or just a quick weekend.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Air doesn't weigh much so I'll take the extra space if it compresses down nicely. 3-5 days I wanna be able to haul my game out and gear in one load so 5000 cu in for me. Don't save much time with a lighter pack if you gotta make two trips cause it won't fit in one load or the pack isn't able to carry that weight comfortably being too small and you can't balance the weight right.

Last edited:

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
I can't decide between the T1 or the T2 so I will have to wait to cast a vote. I hate being back and fourth.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
fly,

If you have the $ to add a couple pockets or pod, the T2 is going to be your best bet...unless you are going for over 10 days.

I would get 2 medium hip belt pockets and 1 small, that will give you enough room (with the T2) to accomplish just about anything.

JPD350

WKR
fly,

If you have the $ to add a couple pockets or pod, the T2 is going to be your best bet...unless you are going for over 10 days.

I would get 2 medium hip belt pockets and 1 small, that will give you enough room (with the T2) to accomplish just about anything.

Also add the XLT lid and Grab-It to the T-2 and you have one heck of a versatile pack!

No doubt adding the extras on the T-2 is an expensive ordeal but when you look at how much good optics, bows and other gear costs why not put some money into the perfect pack

cmeier117

WKR
I can't decide between the T1 or the T2 so I will have to wait to cast a vote. I hate being back and fourth.

Aron and I talked a lot before I ordered mine. It should be shipping tuesday. I got the T2 with XTL lid, grabit, lash kit, two small hip belt pouches, chamber pouch, 4 UL pullouts and a back pouch. My thought process is I have 6000 Cu inches with the pack and two belt pouches. The back pouch was just for an extra volume just in case. My dad's pack is 3500 and it has molle so he could use it if need be. I also don't have super UL gear so I wanted to be able to put more gear on the outside if I am hauling meat. But we will see when I play with it. Good luck on your decision. I'll post pics at end of week hopefully.

Aron and I talked a lot before I ordered mine. It should be shipping tuesday. I got the T2 with XTL lid, grabit, lash kit, two small hip belt pouches, chamber pouch, 4 UL pullouts and a back pouch. My thought process is I have 6000 Cu inches with the pack and two belt pouches. The back pouch was just for an extra volume just in case. My dad's pack is 3500 and it has molle so he could use it if need be. I also don't have super UL gear so I wanted to be able to put more gear on the outside if I am hauling meat. But we will see when I play with it. Good luck on your decision. I'll post pics at end of week hopefully.

Back pouch eh? That bad boy will be big! I'm probably going to grab a claymore/back pouch so I can put gear in it while I pack out meat as well.

cmeier117

WKR
Back pouch eh? That bad boy will be big! I'm probably going to grab a claymore/back pouch so I can put gear in it while I pack out meat as well.

I don't plan on using it unless I pack out meat. I probably could have got a medium pod and done just as well.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help guys, It's not about cost. I was definitely looking at adding the pockets Aron mentioned and the grab-it for my bow. The other question is should I get the horizontal lash kit or the vertical or both for strapping the bow on, or anything else? Also I was looking at the slandered lid, what advantage would the XLT really be other than adding a extra small pocket? I am going to order one of them tomorrow and don't want to flip a coin.

Aron, I know this thread was to vote on a pack not trying to take away from that. Thanks again guys

Thanks for the help guys, It's not about cost. I was definitely looking at adding the pockets Aron mentioned and the grab-it for my bow. The other question is should I get the horizontal lash kit or the vertical or both for strapping the bow on, or anything else? Also I was looking at the slandered lid, what advantage would the XLT really be other than adding a extra small pocket? I am going to order one of them tomorrow and don't want to flip a coin.

Aron, I know this thread was to vote on a pack not trying to take away from that. Thanks again guys

Ive got the T2 with the standard lid. I don't know if I'd like the XLT lid or what not, but you could always add a pod/pocket/pouch to the top and be good. Depends on how you use it, but the T2 is nice because if you want to go for more than 10 days, you could throw on a back pouch, and 2 long pockets and have plenty of room.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again guys, I talked to Aron and decided on the T2 with all the goodies. BTW I finally voted:)

B

bearguide

for hunting you have to remember that you may need to pack all your gear out plus the game/ meat of the animal you were after, so bigger is better, larger packs can be compressed down, and do not weigh much more

the t2 is going to fit the bill for anything I need to do. Can't wait to get mine in hand. Two medium hip pockets and 2 long pockets for the long trips. gonna be great!!!

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
as big as i can get......i don't like to make a bunch of trips or have stuff strapped and lashed everywhere.