what's the status of Barnes bullets in factory ammo?

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
Remington went bankrupt, Sierra bought Barnes out of that bankruptcy..... has anyone seen new factory ammo under any brand made with Barnes TSX or TTSX bullets on shelves within the past 6ish months?

I've seen a few old boxes on store shelves, in calibers I don't shoot.
I see some Federal ammo with Barnes TSX on GunBroker, but before I pay to get it up here to AK maybe I should instead be looking to find a different factory hunting ammo that shoots well in my rifle? Is this ammo likely to be unavailable for a long time?

Forest

WKR
I'd look at unknown munitions, pendleton ammunition, etc. For one it's likely better ammo being handloaded, better brass, just more options overall and I just like supporting the smaller guy like that. I just ordered some from unknown munitions, wasn't listed as available on website, didn't even show the bullet I wanted but they had no problem building the ammo how I wanted it through a custom load request. 4 week leadtime currently from them. Food for thought

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

.308 in 168 grain is being produced and available
300WM in 180 grain is sporadic
7RM in 140 grain is available
300WM in 165 grain is not being produced
7RM in 160 grain is not being produced

I am in need of the last two I listed as my rifles shoot them well and are sighted in for them.
I have a good stock of the .308 and will be shooting them while waiting on the 300WM and 7RM. If they do not have a seasonal run on them soon, I will be going another direction.

OP
Holmes

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look at unknown munitions, pendleton ammunition, etc. For one it's likely better ammo being handloaded, better brass, just more options overall and I just like supporting the smaller guy like that. I just ordered some from unknown munitions, wasn't listed as available on website, didn't even show the bullet I wanted but they had no problem building the ammo how I wanted it through a custom load request. 4 week leadtime currently from them. Food for thought

$3-$4/round is pricey stuff! but, I guess I don't really use that much....and if it's available, then it's worth a lot to me.

Vandy321

WKR
I asked UM for an ETA on 7RM LRX...no ETA.

I have seen some TSX (Barnes VOR-TX) on the shelves at sportsmans over the summer, but no TTSX or LRX

OP
Holmes

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
.308 in 168 grain is being produced and available
300WM in 180 grain is sporadic
7RM in 140 grain is available
300WM in 165 grain is not being produced
7RM in 160 grain is not being produced

I am in need of the last two I listed as my rifles shoot them well and are sighted in for them.
I have a good stock of the .308 and will be shooting them while waiting on the 300WM and 7RM. If they do not have a seasonal run on them soon, I will be going another direction.
What brand ammo is this available under? Barnes own brand or others?

Forest

WKR
$3-$4/round is pricey stuff! but, I guess I don't really use that much....and if it's available, then it's worth a lot to me.
Keep in mind that is 50 round prices. Unfortunately they are dealing with the same reloading supply issues as everyone else, so they don't have the options like normal. Like Hornady brass vs adg, which adds substantial cost on some cartridges.
For what some places seem to think factory ammo is worth right now I found it to be farely reasonable for custom hand loaded ammo. And in my case, offered ammo that's not evem available in a factory box.

freddyG

WKR
My local sportsmans had dozens of new boxes of 270, 308, 6.5, 30-06, and 300 BO yesterday

OP
Holmes

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
OK, sounds like
My local sportsmans had dozens of new boxes of 270, 308, 6.5, 30-06, and 300 BO yesterday
LUCKY!
wish I could some up here. My Sportsmans won't even let me request something to order.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34