WHats the story with NOSLER ??

280ack

FNG
Does anyone know what's up with Nosler, they seem to be the only manufacturer who raised the MSRP, (significantly) and are routinely unavailable. Been looking for well over a year for 30 cal AB and Partitions for a hunt in 23!
I have abandoned using Nosler in a few rifles because I can not find the Noslers that i have built loads around.

Barnes, Sierra, and Hornady seem to be taking care of customers just fine!

Is it production capacity, manpower or raw materials?

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Federal has been the same. The Gen 3 TBT bullets were all the rage a few years ago, but they hardly produced any bullets or ammo. Now the Gen 4 (Terminal Ascent) line looks awesome but same thing, it's impossible to find after an initial run.

Gmark

FNG
I have also been trying hard to get some 30 cal Nosler AB bullets for a long time - I was finally able to get a box last week from Midway but they sold out almost as quickly as they were listed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a pile of 30 caliber nosler bullets, I’ve been able to come up with lots of 200g partitions and ABs by being really diligent, checking websites s few times a day and swiping the card without hesitation.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
All the ammo now going to the IRS.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I just saw that too. I get it, business is business but it would be nice if manufacturers would stop making deals like that and helping out the citizens who use their products. Probably wishful thinking though.

grfox92

WKR
I can't find any good hunting bullets for reloading. Hornaday seems to be the only company consistently producing anything, but it goes fast and the shelves are left with piles of match grade target bullets.

I've postponed starting reload until more becomes available. I've got brass, primers and powder, but no bullets that work for my application.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
When the ammo crunch first started (been so long now I can't remember when exactly), Nosler's list price remained the same (although they were out of ammo for online ordering). I was thinking good for them keeping the price the same. When they did finally get some ammo in- the prices had skyrocketed :(

Sad, but I guess they figure if everybody else has jacked up the price and folks are still willing to paying it, why shouldn't we.

I don't see the prices dropping anytime soon; $80 for a box of ammo is very unpalatable. Made more unpalatable when it was half that not long ago (and I thought $40 for a box was high!)

Rich M

WKR
Im having trouble getting Sierra bullets.

They drop regular folks and build only stuff for govt for x years. If you believed the bs its on you. Sierra told me they are finally building hunting bullets again, if not building hubting bullets what were they building for the past 2 + years? LoL.

They are all guilty.

Ranger619

WKR
I saw Nosler Accubond bullets at the Runnings in Willmar, MN just about 10 days ago. They had 200gr and 165 grain in 30 cal. I am stocked or I would have bought them.

hunt1up

WKR
I returned 2.5 boxes of Trophy Grade WSM back in January and they offered to replace it for me when it comes available again. Fast forward to last week and still no ammo. I have enough to get me by but I inquired to see when they might run some again. They basically told me they don't know. So they promptly sent me a check for $315 as a refund, which was some exceptional customer service. I'd sure like some ammo availability though.

It's been a PIA - .30 AB and Partitions have been in stock in the last year, just not for long. Sierra has certain bullets in stock all the time, but not what I am looking for. Hornady seems to be in stock everywhere, but I'm not paying that close of attention since I'm looking for specific nosler/sierra bullets.

amassi

WKR
Maybe if they stopped giving rifles, and cases of ammo to all their influencers some would trickle down to us lowlys
I've been able to grab seconds from shooters pro shop fairly regularly but firsts are unobtainium

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

hunterjmj

WKR
It's been a real pia. No different with Berger. I was finally able to order (2) 100 ct boxes of 200.20x. Not what I normally shoot but I'll try them. I also ordered 3 boxes of 212 eldx to try out. Ill also be using CCI#34 since I can't find CCI 250's. I'll be working up some new loads with these after hunting season. Hopefully components will become regularly available again.

I'm done with Nosler. The way they have responded to the market over the past few years has been an embarrassment. Incompetence at best. They left a whole market segment out to dry. I'll gladly pay double to a small company like Hammer that seems to give a damn about the reloading community.

Its not just the IRS but all govt agencies getting ammo from the various manufactureres...its the Biden administrations left wing way of keeping ammo from the citizens.......choking off the ammo by ordering billions of rounds of rifle and pistol ammo not even needed by the govt agencies. I dont see it going away anytime soon...their plan has been working quite well.

SwiftShot

WKR
7 million on a Federal Agency buying ammo is nothing. The Feds by way more than that every year and have for decades. Nothing new there, the question of allowing US manufacturing to be hamstrung by foreign companies shows a great weakness. We get a lot of critical items needed for manufacturing basic wepon components from bad foreign actors like China. This is a major problem. I am seeing ammo back in stock in really good numbers just not what I need. 6.5 PRC hard to find. Creedmore with match loads everywhere. Same for many popular bullet calibers. Match bullets like crazy , hunting bullets limited selection. Same with brass.

I just saw that too. I get it, business is business but it would be nice if manufacturers would stop making deals like that and helping out the citizens who use their products. Probably wishful thinking though.
Well, they are businesses...

7 million on a Federal Agency buying ammo is nothing. The Feds by way more than that every year and have for decades. Nothing new there, the question of allowing US manufacturing to be hamstrung by foreign companies shows a great weakness. We get a lot of critical items needed for manufacturing basic wepon components from bad foreign actors like China. This is a major problem. I am seeing ammo back in stock in really good numbers just not what I need. 6.5 PRC hard to find. Creedmore with match loads everywhere. Same for many popular bullet calibers. Match bullets like crazy , hunting bullets limited selection. Same with brass.
We're low volume shooters... Therefore a niche market.

I've got match buddies that will shoot 500 rounds on a slow month.

Know any hunters doing that?