What’s the trad equivalent to the 100Y compound shot?

KBC

WKR
I don’t know anything about traditional archery, I only shoot a compound. Looking for a little help in setting up a target for trad archers that would be a similar challenge to a 100 yard compound shot for an upcoming tournament at my local range.
Thanks!

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve shot 75-85 yards on a full-size elk target…be best if target is on a bit of an uphill…that way arrows don’t get stuck in the grass/leaves as easy

sneaky

"DADDY"
70m is common for outdoor recurve targets and many field courses stretch them out there a ways as well. I've shot courses that had them close to 100 with my recurve. You can eat a candy bar waiting for that arrow to drop on target lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Make it Hundred yards and make it big like a moose or buffalo! Sixty might be more realistic though
The Texas longbow championships years ago had a buffalo at 60 yards in a wide open field. Most guys missed low because they thought it was a lot closer and had no concept of their arrow's trajectory at 60.

There is a traditional event that has an 80 yard walkup. Can't remember which one.

70m is common for outdoor recurve targets and many field courses stretch them out there a ways as well. I've shot courses that had them close to 100 with my recurve. You can eat a candy bar waiting for that arrow to drop on target lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Maybe so, but those recurves have sights and stabilizers and clickers on them. Not exactly "trad gear."

US Outdoor nationals in the barebow division shoots 50 meters on a 122 cm (4') target face. That's a better reference point.

bpurtz

WKR
Aryn-and-Jeffry-Archery-e1558128059229.jpg