what's up with getting UT points?

TauPhi111

WKR
IMO, the Utah big game regs book is not as clear as other states. I was hoping this year to get a point for UT mule deer, but it seems after reading the regs that the ONLY way to get a point for anything is to apply for a tag and not get it, but after reading through the regs it isn't totally clear to me. Is that the only way to get points in Utah or can I apply for a point up to a certain date.

I know I missed the draw deadline for UT (so many things to do, so little time), so I'm thinking I might try to pick up a leftover tag if that is something I can get. But that is another piece of information I could not find. Can someone tell me when leftover tags become available and where I can go to find the list of what is available?

Thanks Roksliders

CorbLand

WKR
You can apply for just a point but I can’t remember the deadline for that.

Sometimes there are leftover tags that can be purchased. Just depends on the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting a point is really easy in Utah. You just apply like you normally would and there is a choice right at the top of your hunt options to select a point only. Its really cheap too if you buy your license towards the end of the application period you can use it to apply for two years. Unfortunately you've missed the deadline for the year. Bonus pt only apps are due march 15th I believe.

It's as bearded says above. Just select points only and you're golden. Deadline was March 1st for actual applications for animals, but March 15th if you just wanted points.

Go to the calender on the webpage and it will show you everything you need to know.
Leftovers go on sell July 19th.