What's wrong with Sightron?

EastMT

WKR
I’ve had one I bought that came with a gun. It was the target fine dot, I was pretty impressed with it, but it was on a hunting rifle. I took it off and put it on a 22, it would take a rabbit eye out. Seemed fine to me.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I hope they're good. I just bought a Sightron SRS-2 reflex sight and I plan on giving it as a Christmas present. It looks like a well built optic but the battery was dead when I opened the box.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I have 2 S3 Sightrons. Excellent glass and scopes for the money.
That's what I keep seeing from people who actually own them. I've owned two lower-end Sightrons now, and their 8x32 Blue Sky II binoculars (which have a cult-like following among the budget birding crowd). I just don't understand why they aren't more popular.

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 8-32x56 SIII that I use for load development. This scope was about $750 five years ago and I would buy another to replace it if I had to.

S3 is a great scope but lacking in technology. 15 MOA turrets and no zero stop make them less desirable for some people.

If you hunt with one, make sure you use a scope coat or other cover to keep the turrets from spinning. Glass and tracking are excellent for the money and the MOA2 reticle is one of my favorites.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Most likely due to folks not being able to handle them in person as they do not have a robust dealer network. I ordered mine sight unseen due to the reviews on the forums and was so pleased I ordered another for another gun. I have the 8x32-56mm as well on both of my bench guns. They replaced VX3 Leupold 6x20-50mm scope.

Sako300

WKR
I have 2 currently! Best bang for your buck! Lightweight, good light transmission and tracking is as good as it gets. They use a similar Japanese lens as nightforce for half the price! I have a ffp 6-24x50 zith moa reticle at 24 oz for $1150.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for this thread. I know nothing about Sightron, but it sounds like a high-value option. I will check them out.

Savage, can you compare the Blue Sky II 8x32 to any more popular models?